SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.

climbing partner wanted, alps 2010

Posted by kladiges on May 20, 2010
Page Views: 601

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
City or Place: European alps
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Mountaineering, Rock Climbing
Partner Status: Need Partners

Hi, I am an Australian planning to spend the next 5 months climbing in Europe. I will probably spend most of my time in the alps. My plans are very flexible at this stage. I trad lead onsight around 18-19 aus grade (I think thats about 6a+- 6b french) and a little harder on sport. I have done a snow and icecraft course and have had a little experience on easy peaks in India. I am extremely keen for large alpine rock routes and to develop my mountaineering skills.

I will be travelling with plenty of climbing equipment and will probably have a vehicle.

I am arriving end of May and leave end of October. I have a few friends in Europe to climb with some of the time but alot of the time I will be on my own so I really want to meet some people to head out with.

PAROFESHey there!

Hello Kim,

I'll be in Chamonix at jun 28 or 29.
My time is really short, just 7 days to climb Mont Blanc and Mont Blanc de Couimayeur. If the time is enough i'll probably try Maudit too, or maybe Cervino.

If you want to, we can meet in Chamonix.

Posted May 20, 2010 8:05 am

kladigesRe: Hey there!

Hey Paulo,

Sorry Im going to be in corsica from the 15th of june till around 5th july... damn that would have been great... is that week the only time you have to climb in europe?

Posted May 24, 2010 10:03 am

PAROFESRe: Hey there!

Yes, the only one!
No problem at all...

Good luck for you!

Posted Jun 1, 2010 8:01 am

Hey ...I am living inSwitzerland and do some mountaineering as well..if you are interested we can do some stuff together - nothing too difficult, but some great tours like weisshorn, dom, mt blanc, jungfrau......just contact me - most weekends I am free-during the week I have to work except last week of juli and august....

Posted May 29, 2010 8:51 am

kladigesRe: anytime

Hi Katrin

That would be great. I just arrived in europe. Im hoping to head down to switzerland on thursday and will be there till 14th or so. plan to be back in switzerland/france 23rd of july till mid october.

Posted May 29, 2010 5:07 pm

SA1380First two weeks of aug?

I'm looking for climbing partners on the first two weeks of august. I'll be completely free. I mostly want to do peaks around the Swiss Alps during those two weeks.
I'm also in Chamonix during the weekends (Fri-Sun, can ask for a day off for something major) until august.
feel free to email anytime.
Posted Jun 15, 2010 6:17 pm

kladigesRe: First two weeks of aug?

well at this stage I have no major plans. I was thinking of climbing out of chamonix in august but pretty flexible. I have a car so pretty mobile. super keen to do more mountaineering so sounds good. Im in Corsica at the moment but will be back in the swiss-french alps toward the end of july.

Posted Jun 18, 2010 4:28 pm

kheegsterFirst 2 weeks of Sept?

Hi, I am looking to do some long moderate alpine routes near Chamonix around the first 2 weeks of September. Do you have any interest in alpine ice at all? Many of the routes I'm looking at (Brenva Spur on Mt Blanc, the north faces of Mt Blanc du Tacul and Tour Ronde etc) have significant chunks of 50-60 degree ice. I'm happy to lead the ice portions and maybe in return you can lead some routes beyond my leading ability (around 5.7 or 5a). Send me a PM if that sounds interesting.
Posted Jul 10, 2010 5:36 pm

sliiannaspain october?
hey kim
think ill be in spain for the month of october and looing for partners. im thinking south of spain bc the rock is supposed to be excellent and the weather a bit more temperate but im open to all suggestions.

Posted Jul 19, 2010 12:05 pm

goodwilsonHK freind

hello kim,

how are you? Where are you now. I try to contact you
I will be free after 28.SEP.2010.

Do you have any idea of climbing??

let me know

Posted Aug 5, 2010 11:49 am

Don't have an account? Register now.

"This is a one line proof...if we start sufficiently far to the left."

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.