SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Ecuador Peaks


PDXmike

Posted by PDXmike on Oct 11, 2009
Page Views: 300

Activity Details

Dates: Nov 14, 2009 through Dec 10, 2009
Location: Ecuador
City or Place: Quito
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Mountaineering
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

Greetings,

I am looking for experienced partners to meet up with in Ecuador. I am flying into Quito on November 14th and will be climbing as much as I can until I head to Mendoza Argentina on December 10th to climb Aconcagua (followed by a tour down to Patagonia to round out my 3-month South America Vacation).

I have climbing experience from the Pacific NW in the USA. This includes glacier and crevasse travel. I will be bringing all the gear I will need for Aconcagua (crevasse rescue, etc) with my to Ecuador. I much prefer avoiding the use of guide service if at all possible. Depending on the peaks of interest (and technical level) I can adjust what I plan to bring with me.

Please let me know if you would like to meet up.

Cheers!

Mike Smith

Comments

Post a Comment

whoiswillhockettHey Mike

whoiswillhockett

I'm based in Portland. Have the time, the money, and the desire to head down to S.A. for a little trip.

My ideal trip would be starting in Ecuador spending time in the mountains there and really pushing myself. Heading south to attempt Aconcagua and then.....

I'm able to leave Nov 24th, and don't need to be back until late Jan to mid Feb. The only reason I haven't followed through myself with this is that I haven't found a good mountaineering, and travelling partner. I'm not interested in guided climbing and believe these objectives are all within my abilities.

shoot me an email if you have the chance hockettw at gmail.com

W!ll
Posted Oct 21, 2009 6:33 pm

 
Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"This is blood for blood and by the gallon. These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choice left. And I'm ready for war."   --Marv, Sin City   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.