SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Mex Volcanoes - Orizaba - Izta- late Nov 07


dswink

Posted by dswink on Sep 21, 2007
Page Views: 603

Activity Details

Dates: Nov 15, 2007 through Dec 2, 2007
Location: Mexico
City or Place: Volcan Pico de Orizaba
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Mountaineering
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

I am looking for partners to climb Pico de Orizaba, Iztaccihuatl, La Malinche and Nevado de Toluca from November 15 to December 2, 2007.

Planned itenerary:
11/15 - Arrive Mexico City at 12:30 p.m. Catch bus from airport to Toluca and spend the night in a hotel.

11/16 - Take taxi to Nevado de Toluca. Spend day with easy acclimatization climbing on Nevado de Toluca. Return to hotel in Toluca.

11/17 - Take bus to resort at La Malinche. Spend night at resort hut.

11/18 - Climb La Malinche. Take bus to Amecameca. Spend night at hotel.

11/19 - Climb to hut on Normal route on Izta. Spend the rest of the day hiking and then camp at hut.

11/20 - Summit Izta via Normal route and descend to hut. Traverse to Ayoloco hut and spend the night.

11/21 - Summit Izta via the Ayoloco Glacier route, descend to La Joya, and then return to the hotel in Amecameca.

11/22 - Take bus to Puebla and then on to Tlachichuca. Stay at Senor Reyes' hostel.

11/23 - Take cab to the village of Hidalago, and then begin hiking through the park towards the Piedra Grande hut. Camp in the park.

11/24 - Hike to Pierdra Grande hut. Climb through the Labyrinth and return to the hut for the night.

11/25 - Climb to the base of the Jamapa Glacier and build camp. Spend night at camp.

11/26 - Summit Orizaba and return to Piedra Grande to catch a ride to Tlachichuca. Stay at Senor Reyes' hostel.

11/27 - 11/29 Travel to hut on south side of Pico de Orizaba and climb via Ruta Sul or Ruta Directa- Espinazo.

11/30 - 12/1 - Weather days - If not needed, travel to Teotihuacan to see the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon.

12/2 - Fly Home at 5 PM

I have booked my flight, so the start and finish dates are firm (for myself) but the rest of the trip is still quite flexible. I would be open to folks joining for any part of the trip. I would prefer to do a "getting aquainted" climb in the US with anyone wanting to go up Izta or Orizaba.

I speak enough Spanish to travel and have fun in Mexico.

Dave

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"The odds on very difficult alpine climbs are not in your favor. So there's no excuse to show up unprepared, to show up out of shape.""   --Kelly Cordes   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.