Oregon volcano alley trip
Posted by forjan on Jun 2, 2009
Page Views: 538
Dates: Jun 8, 2009 through Jun 19, 2009
Location: Oregon, United States
City or Place: Oregon, US
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Mountaineering, Rock Climbing
Partner Status: Want Partners
I'm looking for someone to join me for a 2-week long trip to climb the Oregon volcanoes. I'll be driving from Los Angeles starting June 8th or 9th. Here is the tentative schedule (weather dictates the actual schedule):
* June 8: depart LA......possibly arrive in Crater Lake National Park, Oregon
* June 9: climb Mt. Thielsen, OR
* June 10: climb Mt. Bachelor, OR
* June 11: climb South Sister, OR
* June 12: climb Middle Sister, OR
* June 13: climb Broken Top, OR
* June 14: climb Mt. Washington, OR
* June 15: climb Three Fingered Jack, OR
* June 16: climb Mt. Jefferson, OR
* June 17-18: perhaps we can squeeze Mt. Hood (Cooper Spur route) and even Mt. St. Helens in WA......we shall see.
* June 19: must arrive in LA this Friday night
Some days we might be able to do 2 peaks in one day. Most peaks are class 3, although there are a couple that have class 4/easy 5th summit pinnacles and I can bring a rope & my pro for that. I have the following guidebook: 'Climbing the Cascade Volcanoes' by Jeff Smoot
We'll be sleeping at trailheads and some campgrounds.
PM or email me if interested & can commit.
"Follow your dreams, You can reach your goals, I'm living proof! Beefcake!"
© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.