SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Provo Peak and East Provo (potentially)


ITS

Posted by ITS on Feb 15, 2012
Page Views: 369

Activity Details

Date: On Feb 18, 2012
Location: Utah, United States
City or Place: Provo Peak
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Categories: Hiking, Mountaineering
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

Early Saturday I'm going to head out and try to do Provo Peak via Rock Canyon and its west ridge. If conditions are good and time allows I'd also like to make the traverse to the East Peak, which I've read is really fun with moderate amounts of exposure.

The one variable on everyone's mind this winter have been the persistent, low-chance/high-consequence slab slides. Avy reports are slowly attenuating, and I'm hoping that by Saturday a prudent ascent might be reasonably made.

At the moment I have no one to go with and would really appreciate a partner to help break trail and assess conditions. I'm taking snow shoes, crampons and and ice ax (mainly thinking of the traverse). I do a lot of hiking with the Wasatch Mountain Club but they tend to stay up in the Salt Lake area, leaving a lot of the goodies in Provo and the Southern Wasatch regrettably untouched, and so I'm also looking for a partner or group of people to supplement my meager (but growing) knowledge of the Southern Wasatch's backcountry.

Send me a line if you're interested! samuel.w.cannon@gmail.com

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Where do they keep the moguls in the summer?"   --Someone from Kansas   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.