SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Rainier in Early May 2008


Travis_

Posted by Travis_ on Mar 21, 2008
Page Views: 997

Activity Details

Date: On May 11, 2008
Location: Washington, United States
City or Place: Rainier, Mount
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Mountaineering
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

I will be traveling for work to Seattle and would like to day hike Mount Rainer tentatively on Sunday, May 11th. I will be flying into Seattle the night before and have to do business in Covington on Monday. I was planning on staying in a hotel room Saturday and Sunday nights. I would be willing to share the room for free if it helped.

I do not have any glacier travel but am a competent snow hiker with crampons/ice axe experience. I have great endurance and will not have any problems keeping up. I have experience climbing 14ers in the Sierra Nevada Mnts and will not have issues with elevation either.

I was planning on hiking to Camp Muir and then turn around, but I am open to other options. I really want to climb Rainier and figured this would be a great introduction to the mountain. I would also be open to hiking higher than Camp Muir depending on the conditions.

I was hoping that someone(s) with a little more experience would be willing to join me. I will have a rental car and can drive.

Comments

Post a Comment

godskid5muir

godskid5

you cannot climb above camp muir without a climbing permit.
hope the weather cooperates with your hike!
good luck.
Posted Mar 24, 2008 8:37 pm

 
Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.