SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Sequoia and Kings Canyon Car-Camp 7/27-7/30


salmon_lov

Posted by salmon_lov on Jul 22, 2006
Page Views: 372

Activity Details

Date: On Jul 27, 2006
Location: Colorado, United States
City or Place: Kings Canyon
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Biking, Hiking, Rock Climbing, Social
Partner Status: Will accept Partners

Description

There are 30 spaces for this outing. This outing is posted on the Sacramento Sierra Club Singles website and Craigslist.

DETAILS: This outing is offered by the Sacramento Sierra Club Young Adult Singles
(www.motherlode.sierraclub.org/singles/index.html). Sierra Club membership is not required to participate. This outing is primarily intended for singles 18 to around 40 years old, but anyone regardless of age or marital status is welcome.

Join us on a fun car camping trip to beautiful Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park (www.nps.gov/seki/). It's a place of extraordinary beauty...from the gigantic, 2,000+ year old giant sequoias to spectacular Kings Canyon. And this park lacks the crowds you typically see in Yosemite. The agenda:

Thursday, July 27: arrive at Canyon View group campground (4,700 ft. elevation) near the beautiful Kings River in Kings Canyon National Park; no activities planned.

Friday, July 28: moderately strenuous 4.7 mile round trip day hike through the Giant Forest in Sequoia National Park, home to the General Sherman giant sequoia (the world's largest tree and living thing) and dozens of other giant sequoias.

Saturday, July 29: easy 5.8 mile round trip day hike to scenic Roaring River Falls via lush Zumwalt Meadows in Kings Canyon National Park. Potluck dinner at our campsite after the hike.

Sunday, July 30: pack up and return home.

This is not a backpacking trip; we'll be driving to a developed campground and setting up tents; you may sleep in your vehicle. You may arrive at any time and on any day. There's a market and shower facility 1/2 mile from our campsite. The campsite has a large fire ring, several picnic tables, two BBQ's, restrooms with sinks and flush toilets and a drinking water standpipe. The total cost per person is $4-$5 (the actual cost depends on the number of participants), payable in cash to me at any time during our trip; additional suggested gas expense contribution to your driver if you carpool with someone. No dogs.

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, which is the most horrible thing in the world."   --Oscar Wilde on Absinthe   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.