SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

South America Partners 2011/12


Posted by CGabrielli on Oct 4, 2011
Page Views: 598

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
City or Place: Patagonia
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Biking, Hiking, Ice Climbing, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Social, Other
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

Heading to South America for 6 months solo and looking for partners to get into the mountains with...

I'm mostly geared towards trekking although i'll be taking crampons, axe, and harness, as well as climbing shoes with me to fit in as much as possible.

Most of my skills are in whitewater - i'm a class V boater with plenty of expedition experience throughout New Zealand, the High Sierra's, PNW and British Columbia but this isn't going to be a boating trip for me so i'm shifting gears a bit to trekking and climbing. I've trekked throughout New Zealand, British Columbia, the Yukon and Alaska...its been a year since i've climbed rock but i'm good up to mid 5.10's with some trad experience. I've done a bit of mtn climbing although limited it has included technical mixed climbing...so although not hugely experienced, i'm keen, fit and just need a partner to get out with.

General plans put me in Quito, Ecu in mid-Nov 2011. After a month there i plan to skip down to Patagonia and trek/climb southward for 2 or 3 months. From there i want to head to Boliva and Peru and then back to Ecu...this is just a tentative plan tho and i'm flexible to join up for anything.

Drop me a line if you're happy to add one to your group or are solo and need a partner.
Cheers,
Chris

Comments

Post a Comment

HumbertoIn Arequipa till 21st of Oct

Humberto

Hi Chris, I'm in Arequipa, Peru for a few more weeks if you are going to be passing thru and want to try some of the local mountains..Chachani, El Misti etc .So far I can really only take off about 3 days because of business constraints but that may change for the better and that would free me up to range a little farther and maybe do some bigger mountains.
I have some experience and crampons and axe here so let me know if this fits your plans. In any case..enjoy your travels!!
Humberto
Posted Oct 11, 2011 1:31 pm

JasonSAMay 2012
Chris,
I'll be traveling and climbing starting in Columbia and working my way South through Ecuador, Peru, Chile and down to Patagonia. Do you have any specific Mountains you'd like to summit while you are in the Northern Andes? Will you still be in SA May 2012?
Posted Oct 19, 2011 10:23 am

linkfelipeEarly January

linkfelipe

Hey Chris,

I'll be in Argentina, Mendoza region, in the beginning of january till early feb, since I'm also looking for partners, let me know if you're gonna be around. Cheers.
Posted Dec 17, 2011 4:09 pm

simonzJan to Feb
Hi guys, im in the area looking for partners from 5th jan to end of feb... experience in 6,000m+ peaks in asia, rock, ice, and alpine.- email me at simonzelestis@hotmail.com if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Simon
Posted Dec 21, 2011 10:03 pm

 
Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Where do they keep the moguls in the summer?"   --Someone from Kansas   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.