Plummer Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
idpeakgirl

idpeakgirl - Aug 5, 2018 12:00 pm Date Climbed: Jul 31, 2018

From Lady Camp  Sucess!

Climbed on the morning of day 3 of 5. We gained Miners Ridge from Lady Camp and made our way to the summit. Classic scramble with some exposure. Extended lounge in the sun and breeze once back down on the ridge. 4 hours total from camp and back. Then packed up and headed to Image Lake, where we found limited, crowded and poor campsite options. So we took a long swim and sunbathe, chatted with Russ from the Lookout, then headed back to Lady Camp before heading up the next day to Middle Ridge to Buck Creek Pass, where we climbed Liberty Cap amid some of the best wildflowers ever seen.

tcingrum

tcingrum - Jul 24, 2018 5:33 am Date Climbed: Jul 20, 2018

Miners ridge  Sucess!

A lot of work on the approach but worth the effort. Amazing area.

kevinsa

kevinsa - Jul 21, 2018 9:29 pm Date Climbed: Jul 20, 2018

Plummer  Sucess!

Beautiful area - camped on the ridge east of Image Lake just below Pt. 6922. Went around the final false summit on an easy goat path on the east side - never did see any need to utilize any 'hidden ledges' or do any fancy scrambling.

StumblingBear

StumblingBear - Aug 21, 2015 5:00 pm Date Climbed: Jul 18, 1972

Snow, lots of snow  Sucess!

Came up along the Suattle and camped at Miners creek. Made our way up Miners Creek through an avalanche chute to find the trail to the mine area, camped. Next day climbed on snow to the summit and spent the rest of the day on the slope learning/practicing ice axe technique. It is here I felt I really became confident in my axe abilities. Camped again on mine site before heading to North Star.

Redwic

Redwic - Aug 12, 2015 10:34 pm Date Climbed: Jun 13, 2015

Nice Peak!  Sucess!

I really enjoyed this peak and its approach from Image Lake. Very straightforward and the summit ridge added a little spice to the trek. Highly recommended peak in an often neglected region.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Aug 12, 2015 4:48 pm Date Climbed: Jun 13, 2015

North Star, Miners Ridge, Plummer, Cloudy  Sucess!

Day 1: Phelps Creek, over Spider Gap, down to Lyman Lakes, up to Cloudy Pass, traverse around Cloudy Peak to climb North Star, the back to Cloudy Pass and Down to Suattle Pass to camp.

Day 2: Suattle Pass camp over to Image Lake to meet large party at Miners Ridge lookout celebrating the second completion of the WA Lookout list, back to Image Lake and run the ridge up Plummer Mountain, then traverse the Ridge back to Miners Ridge high Point, camp at Image Lake.

Day 3: Back over Suattle and Cloudy Pass, climb Cloudy Peak, and the back down to Lyman Lakes and up over Spider Gap back to Phelps Creek trailhead.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Plummer Mountain' main page