Comments

Viewing: 1-5 of 5

Bob_T - Oct 29, 2014 10:20 am - Hasn't voted

Little Valley Access

Before I read this report, I was attempting to find a convenient access point to the Little Valley area yesterday and saw the posted No Trespassing fence suggested in this article.

According to my BLM land status map, the access point recommended in this report actually is private property. I'm not a local property owner but I don't think it is in the best interest of our sport to be openly advising people to climb fences and ignore private property rights and no trespassing signs.

Openly advising people to ignore no trespassing signs will also tend to make the local property owners even more militant.

Again, I'm not a local property owner and don't have an ax to grind other than as a principle I believe in respecting private property.

Thanks,

Bob

hgrapid

hgrapid - Oct 29, 2014 11:30 am - Hasn't voted

True, but....

Bob,

We talked to the landowners, which is the University of Nevada-Reno. We were told that despite the sign, it is intended only for cars and not people. Indeed, without this knowledge, we would be making a huge assumption. But we were told by the landowner that the sign applies only to cars.

Bob_T - Oct 29, 2014 9:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: True, but....

If that's correct it's very good news, but...according to my map the University property is colored in blue and doesn't start for about half a mile from the road. The road ends up on University property but according to the BLM map, where the road starts on Franktown road is clearly someone's private land. Also, I don't think there is even a gate anymore, just a fence. Why would someone put up signs on a fence that apply only to cars?

Sorry if I sound argumentative, I would just like to arrive at the definitive facts about the road access and I'd like very much if you were correct as it would save me miles of walking from a different direction. One of us is wrong and I hope it's me.

Bob

hgrapid

hgrapid - Oct 29, 2014 10:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: True, but....

Bob,

Thanks for the research. I will do some more homework this weekend on this matter. There has got to be a way in there, but all these landowners have blocked BLM access, even though the road in question is supposed to be a BLM access road.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Nov 1, 2014 11:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: True, but....

I altered the page a little. Frankly, I need to check it out myself. There is an access point 25 minutes drive from me, and I will head out there in a few weeks when I have time. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention. I hope to clarify soon. Until then, I mention two access points with proper warnings.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to '' main page