Porter from Cascade Junction

Porter from Cascade Junction

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.21240°N / 73.8534°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

You Start at the Rt. 73 Trailhead which is on the same side of the road as the lakes. To get there From I-87 Take Exit 30 and heads twards lake Placid. Go throught the towns of St Huberts, Keene Valley, and Keene. After Keene you will go past Cascade Lakes. the Parking lot is after the Lakes. Park only on the same side of the road as the trailhead.

Then

Starting at the highway (0.0) the red blazed trail decends to the trail register Please Sing In
From there the trail swings right and levles out and crosses a brok a 0.4 miles then climbs easily to 0.7 miles
Form 0.7 miles to 1.2 miles the climbs range from moderate to steep.
At 1.2 miles you reach the crest of the ridge but there are some moderate climbs ahead with flat sections.
At 1.8 miles you reach a ledge with good views. the grade then eases to the trail jonction with Porter Mt. at 2.1 miles.

Route Description

From the junction with Cascade you will decent for 0.2 miles to the col.
The trail then climbs steep to moderatley till 0.6 miles when you will reach a large boulder. The Boulder has good views if you can get up it.
Then it is an easy grade to 0.7 miles and the summit.

Essential Gear

Basic day hike gear for summer and snowshoes for winter.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.