Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Sep 6, 2008 6:07 am - Voted 10/10

Wonderful...

...that you have described this famous ferrata, Branko! Would be nice to do it some time.

Branko

Branko - Sep 8, 2008 5:24 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful...

Thanks Vid...I didn't know that this ferrata is so famous, but it certainly deserves this attribute.

...and definitely after all mountains you have climbed and think it is time for Punta Fanes Sud. :)

Brgds, Branko.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Sep 8, 2008 5:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Wonderful...

Well, this will become one of the most visited ferrata pages of Dolomites (it's already on the 8th place among all ferratas). So, you can add some more text. Pictures are great and show all the parts of the route. But text is also importand. I know that on ferrata you simply follow the steel cable, but still... You'd perhaps obtain also an international grading of the route.

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Sep 9, 2008 5:44 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Wonderful...

Vid is right, this is one of the most frequented vie ferrate of the Dolomiti. I also prefer in route pages less photos ( but yours are good, I like them ) and more text, but it's just my point of view. In Italy this ferrata is rated "very difficult", probably in the german grading system is D.
Ciao!

RenatoG

RenatoG - Sep 9, 2008 4:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Wonderful...

Referring to the comments of Vid and ganesh70, in my humble opinion the description you have wrote is enough (a via ferrata doesn't need of an accurate description as a climbing route or a not marked hike...), but maybe you could add some warnings: for example, in case of rain or snow, this via ferrata requires a good climbing experience and is not suitable for simple hikers (I have direct experience of it: I had a thunderstorm at the middle of the route, last year...); moreover, I think it would be good if you remark the fact that for the descent there's another steep via ferrata (quite hard) and that, after the first stretch of the route, you can descend by an easier assured path.

I posted a picture with the sketch of the route: you can use it, if you want

Ciao and congratulations for this beautiful page!

Branko

Branko - Sep 9, 2008 4:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful...

Thank you all for the advices. Will try to improove this route page as much as possible.

Thnx again for your support!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Punta Fanes Sud - Via ferrata Tomaselli' main page