Red Kaweah Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
mrchad9

mrchad9 - Sep 24, 2012 1:30 pm Date Climbed: Sep 16, 2012

Great View  Sucess!

Up the NW face after Black Kaweah in the morning and found it to be decent though not nearly as nice as Black Kaweah. The views, however, were even better as you can see both Black and Big Kaweah from the summit as well as all the other scenery you get from Black Kaweah.

seano

seano - Sep 20, 2012 3:53 pm Date Climbed: Sep 19, 2012

Traverse from Michael's Pinnacle  Sucess!

On the traverse from Big to Black. Way more fun than the standard route, and not harder than 4th class. Trip report.

mjrangel

mjrangel - Jul 18, 2011 5:19 pm Date Climbed: Jul 14, 2011

Dispite reports of loose rock, I highly recommend it.  Sucess!

Went up with my friend Johnny using the normal route. The rubble wasn't as bad as it is cracked up to be. There were plenty of sections of very large talus that didn't move on our way up. we just avoided the smaller talus and scree. It was a very enjoyable climb with lots of hard snow on the approach. With crampons the snow was very welcome allowing us to avoid the scree above the lake which was still frozen!

Daria

Daria - Sep 13, 2010 10:05 pm Date Climbed: Sep 12, 2010

With Black Kaweah in 24+ nonstop hours  Sucess!

Summited Red Kaweah after coming from Black Kaweah. Attempted dayhike of both peaks, but exceeded 24 hours, still was a nonstop continuous effort and successfully summited both.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Nov 2, 2008 9:16 pm Date Climbed: Oct 24, 2008

West Face  Sucess!

One of the crappiest routes I've encountered in the Kaweahs, Red Kaweah has little in the way of good scrambling to offer. But the route over from Mineral King is one of my favorites, and with great company to share the fun and beautiful October weather, it was a fine outing. Trip Report

bechtt

bechtt - Oct 31, 2008 9:48 am Date Climbed: Oct 24, 2008

Day Hike from Mineral King  Sucess!

With Bob Burd and Matthew Holliman (who did Lippincott instead). Easily the toughest day hike I've done to date with 25 miles, over 12K' of elev gain, and 20 hours. The views were grand, the company great, but our route up the mountain was a big pile of rubble. Links to Bob and my pics at the bottom of the mountain page.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Red Kaweah' main page