Red Mountain (WA) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
kevinsa

kevinsa - Sep 7, 2016 9:09 pm Date Climbed: Sep 6, 2016

Red  Sucess!

Via the Little Joe Lake trail. Was unable to find a map of the trail online, and my old maps don't have it, so I added my route map to the photo gallery. (#981951)

Dundeel

Dundeel - Apr 20, 2016 10:25 pm Date Climbed: Jul 3, 2011

Northwest Approach  Sucess!

With Bob B. and Duane G.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Sep 6, 2015 11:42 am Date Climbed: Sep 5, 2015

12 peaks in a day  Sucess!

Red, Red Lookout Site, Thorp, Hard Knox, Not Knox, Hard Cheese, French Tongue, Kachess Ridge, French Chin, French Cabin, French Cabin South Peak, French Cabin North Peak.

22 miles, 16 hours, Trip Report

Boonie1

Boonie1 - Mar 10, 2014 12:38 am Date Climbed: Aug 3, 2012

Red Mtn.   Sucess!

The East side is hot in August!

Cascade Scrambler

Cascade Scrambler - Nov 30, 2013 9:38 pm Date Climbed: Jul 21, 2013

#5  Sucess!

Bagged this summit as summit number 5/10 in a contest put on by Sahaptin Outfitters out of Cle Elum. Ascended via the summer route, cutting off a bunch of miles. The spur road used to gain the rib towards the ridge is the most destroyed road I have ever seen. From the end of the road, I ascended the obvious rib towards the summit ridge. Once on the ridge, there are two clear options for the true summit, so I bagged them both. On the way back, I noticed that there's a third, obviously lower point, but a highpoint nonetheless, so I bagged it too. On the way down, rather than follow the rib to the road, I descended into the scree field and then scree surfed a couple hundred feet until I was in the basin above the end of the road. Good times.

EastKing

EastKing - Mar 30, 2013 6:11 am Date Climbed: Mar 29, 2013

Beautiful Spring Day  Sucess!

Beautiful Spring Day. Great views.

BKW

BKW - Sep 20, 2011 5:21 pm Date Climbed: Sep 19, 2011

Summertime Route  Sucess!

Maybe your mid-sized Korean sedan will make it to the "trailhead" but ours did not. After bottoming out a few times we left the car a mile from the trailhead. The route was quick and painless. Nice day but the higher peaks didn't lose their clouds until we were on the way down.

Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Aug 16, 2009 5:35 pm Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2009

Summer Route  Sucess!

Hiked up the west side. Half on road, half up goat track.

Redwic

Redwic - Jul 20, 2009 9:18 pm Date Climbed: Jul 20, 2009

Very Appropriately Named!!!  Sucess!

I could see the southern-facing red slopes of Red Mountain from miles away, and it was as if they were calling to me. After this hike, I proceeded further in my car to the Knox Creek Trail, for a summit hike of "Hard Knox".

mcpherma

mcpherma - Mar 7, 2009 4:06 pm Date Climbed: Feb 17, 2009

A little windy  Sucess!

Nasty, cloudy conditions. Great exercise, though. I need to do it again when it's clear, the view should be gorgeous. I hiked in from the bridge and didn't see a single snowmobile. Cooper lake looked to be frozen solid. Great climb.

larryN

larryN - Nov 6, 2007 11:58 pm Date Climbed: Apr 1, 2007

Snow all the way  Sucess!

We had to park by the bridge, and were on snow all the way. We were lucky to only see a couple of snowmobiles on the road. 3700', 7 mi, 7 hr car-to-car

ericnoel

ericnoel - May 19, 2007 10:31 am Date Climbed: May 4, 2007

East Slopes  Sucess!

Climbed this with Dean on a very fun spring ascent. This was both a scenic hike and a good conditioner for the rest of the year.

Dean

Dean - May 18, 2007 5:05 pm Date Climbed: May 4, 2007

Snow ascent  Sucess!

Did this with SP member Eric Noel. We were able to park near the signed Trailhead and didn't hit a lot of snow until the 3800 foot mark and from then on it was all snow to the top. Carried snowshoes, crampons and ice axe but pretty much did a boot track all the way. (I let Eric lead a lot) : )

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Red Mountain (WA)' main page