Refuge du Portillon

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.71014°N / 0.48475°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Difficulty: F (Fácil, Easy)
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

LuchonMap of area

The route from Refuge du Portillon is shorter than route of Refuge d'Espingo but it's necessary a good sense of orientation because after the Col of Pluviometro you'll descend to Lac Glacé to get the route of Espingo.

Getting There

The lake of Portillon with...Refuge du Portillon

The access of trailhead in Granges d'Astau is in the main page of the peak. from Granges d'Astau (1100m) yo'll walk 4 hours to reach the Refuge du Portillon (2571m) the previous day. The approach is easy following the path across the Lac d'Oô, and the Refuge d'Espingo. The hardest part is the hard slope from Lac Saussat to reach the dam of Portillon but always in good path.

Route Description

SpijeolesSE face
Col de PluviometroCol of Pluviómetro

We'll begin in Refuge du Portillon (2571m) walking to the dam in west side. The path is not evident but some cairns exist to indicate the route at south of Tusse de Montarcqué. The path don't exist among the great block of rock but the direction is evident to the Col under of the peak Seil dera Baquo. The col of Pluviometro (2880m) has a characteristic rain gauge (“pluviómetro”) in right side. We'll descent a few of meters to the south of Lac Glacé. We'll follow in west direction with the view of the Col of Gourgs Blancs very evident in front of us (but it's not necessary to reach the col). The route had cairns but the point to leave the route to the col turning to north is not always easy to find. We'll search after the pass of the lake the point to walk in north direction under the east face of peak Gourdon in a terrain of more stones. In a point over 2800m we'll reach the normal route of Espingo with the entry to the south face of Spijeoles.

For the return we'll walk the same route or we'll can to climb the ridge north (F.sup) of Gourdon (3034m) descending across the south ridge of this peak to the Col of Gourgs Blancs to return to refuge. If our intention is the return to Granges d’Astau it's possible to descent across the route of Refuge d’Espingo as well.

Essential Gear

Crampons and ice-axe on winter or spring

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

SpijeolesRoutes