Retro Canyon Moment

Retro Canyon Moment

The way Grand Canyon's Granite Gorge looked about 20 years ago. A close inspection of the river reveals several yellow rafts being "tossed" downstream in the direction of Horn Rapids. Historically red, the Colorado River's color has changed to green since the dedication of Glen Canyon Dam in 1966. To the north, and where the tributary waters of Trinity Creek meet the Colorado, the chiseled walls of 7,006' Isis Temple greet the eyes. Though its neighbor, Cheops Pyramid, has seen climbers and possesses a summit register, Isis Temple (as far as I know) has never been climbed. "I carry the dust of a journey, that cannot be shaken away. It lives deep within me, For I breathe it every day. You and I are yesterday's answers; The earth of the past came to flesh, Eroded by Time's rivers, To the shapes we now possess. Come share of my breath and my substance, and mingle our stream and our times. In bright, infinite moments, Our reasons are lost in our rhymes ..." Thank you for letting me have this RETRO CANYON moment! : ))
lcarreau
on Feb 15, 2010 4:25 pm
Image Type(s): Hiking,  Informational,  Scenery,  Humor,  Water
Image ID: 597193

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
hiltrud.liu

hiltrud.liu - Feb 15, 2010 4:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Monumental...

and beautiful!
Cheers, Hiltrud

lcarreau

lcarreau - Feb 15, 2010 4:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Monumental...

Thanks, Hiltrud!

I suppose never enough can ever be said of:
"The House of Stone and Light."

BigRob

BigRob - Feb 15, 2010 9:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent History

I just got back from the Grand Canyon. It looks white right now. I enjoy the Edward Abby story of the trip down Glenn Canyon.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Feb 15, 2010 9:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent History..

Sounds awesome, glad you enjoyed it ! ! !

My favorite Ed Abbey quote :

"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while, then a layer of scum floats to the top.”

Viewing: 1-4 of 4