Viewing: 1-20 of 25 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

cmc56789Untitled Comment

cmc56789

nice page!
Posted Oct 17, 2004 3:37 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you for taking the time to vote and to be the first one to do so.
Posted Oct 17, 2004 4:47 pm

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Nice Dean!
Posted Oct 17, 2004 3:50 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you Bor. I really enjoy the nice pages you have been putting up.
Posted Oct 17, 2004 4:47 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Again a nice page. I must have said it somewhere before but it doesn't take a high mountain for a beautiful day in the wild. Nice views and the clouds did their share to prop up your pictures. Some seem sharpened too much, though.
Posted Oct 17, 2004 6:19 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Getting there seems to be the battle. Interesting backwoods summit with an unusual register. Looks like a good camping trip.
Posted Oct 17, 2004 6:38 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Getting IS the crux of this one. Goat lake would be a neat place to camp but then this is grizzly country and I'm not sure I would want to be there any longer than necessary. Every time we entered an area with brush on both sides of the trail, you had to be a little more alert to your surroundings.

Thanks for your vote and for your comments.
Posted Oct 17, 2004 4:51 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Looks like a worthy place to spend some time.

Great post.

Posted Oct 17, 2004 3:56 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Excellent work, except you say on the route page that it took 4 hours in, and 3 1/2 "miles" out. I think you meant 3 1/2 hours. Change that mistake. Great job.
Posted Oct 17, 2004 4:26 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you for taking the time to check ot this page and for voting on it. I appreciate that very much.
Posted Oct 17, 2004 4:52 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Nice page.
Posted Oct 17, 2004 10:25 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Tim. You can see I had nothing to do this weekend other than lay around the house and play around on SP. I appreciate the vote and comment.
Posted Oct 17, 2004 11:17 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

I can understand Dean... after I leave Mexico I have maybe 2-3 more weeks before I´m snowed in until at the earliest mid February and I will return to putting up pages and routes and look to Sp to fill some of the void...
Posted Oct 18, 2004 11:46 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very nice page!

-Britt
Posted Oct 17, 2004 10:36 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Britt. You are always very kind and I appreciate your comments and vote.
Posted Oct 17, 2004 11:18 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you.
Posted Oct 18, 2004 4:33 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

In researching the Bitterroot aspect, I get the feeling that Rhodes Peak may be part of the Bitterroots. If Lolo Pass and its environs are considered part of the Bitterroots, then Rhodes has to be part of them as well. This deserves more study and I'll report back what i find out.

If Grizzlies aren't in the area, that would be fine with me. I didn't see any grizzly sign but was working off the assumption that grizzly would probably be in the area. Hmmmm, also room for more research. This is what I've found so far. Thanks for your input on this and since you live a lot closer, you may be able to add a lot of information on the area since Rhodes Peak is probably less than 30 GPS miles from Missoula.

Thank you for your vote as well and particularly for your comments. This is an area most people know very little about. If you know of any books that can add knowledge of the area, please add them to the book section.
Posted Oct 19, 2004 8:17 am

Dennis PoulinUntitled Comment

Dennis Poulin

Great page! I will see if I can find this summit next year.
Posted Oct 19, 2004 12:10 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Hmmmm, maybe I'll have to go back and do this one again, just for fun.
Posted Oct 19, 2004 4:03 pm

pippo52Untitled Comment

pippo52

If your ability in climbing mountains is equal to your gentleness, you are as Rainhold Messner
Posted Oct 19, 2004 1:11 pm