Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Oct 19, 2012 3:47 am - Voted 10/10

Hmmmm...

Are you replacing your "Kings-Emmons Ridge Page with individual peak pages? I was going to make these pages but decided not to when I saw your King-Emmons Ridge page covering them all!

Scott

Scott - Oct 19, 2012 9:22 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hmmmm...

Are you replacing your "Kings-Emmons Ridge Page with individual peak pages?

That's the plan. The Kings-Emmons Ridge has been changed to an area/range page with several sections rewritten and now includes the entire ridge Flat Top BM to Anderson Pass (instead of just the four peaks on the old page):

Kings-Emmons Ridge

In the recent past, a few SP members have made the suggestion that I split out the pages and create individual ones, but I hadn't gotten around to it.

After recently talking with SP member ZeeJay, I finally did get around to it. For variety I was thinking that it might be good if they didn't all to belong to one person (a little variety is good I think), so I suggested that we split them in half.

I was going to create the pages for Roberts, North Emmons, and South Emmons and she was going to create them for Painter, Trailrider, and Owl.

I guess I could have made an annoucement on the forum to see if others were interested, but it seems that ZeeJay and I were the only ones adding peaks to the Uintas lately (no one else has added any in four years!) so I didn’t think about it. If you are interested in creating one, maybe let her know or maybe I can share some pages with you as well. The existing ones could use some more route pages as well if you have done any routes other than the ridge run.

In the past, there weren’t too many people adding peaks to the Uintas and I didn’t have that many good photos so I put several mountains together on the same page. You wouldn’t have to have as many duplicate route pages doing it this way either, so it seemed to work well. In the new version of SP you can also attach route pages to multiple pages. There are also many better photos (and in the new version you can attach them to multiple pages), so I’ve been able to delete most of my old lower quality photos in favor of using new ones.

In addition to the Kings-Emmons Ridge, N. Cleve, West Clover and Penny Nickel were also separated out. None of these pages are actually new, they have just been split out and updated (you will notice that the route pages were written back in 2005).

Wall and 10,931 will eventually be separated out as well as well as the rest of the “combination pages” I have. That might be a while though.

There aren't as many left now, but if you see any of the "combination pages" on my profile that you may want create seperate pages for, let me know and I'll be happy to delete the half of the page that you want to create a new one for.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Oct 19, 2012 3:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hmmmm...

Not a problem Scott...I have only done the ridge run and you probably know more than I about approaches and other routes since you've been here so often. After all, I hiked the 18 mile Yellowstone Creek trail all night long when I approached the ridge. Didn't get to see that large canyon down there. Of all those peaks I did, I liked Henrys Fork Peak the best...which you have done well on its page already.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to '"Roberts Peak" (a.k.a. "Pyramid Peak")' main page