Rocky Formation

Rocky Formation

June 21, 2008 (Drought/low snow year) The rocky formation between Reka Poshteh & Dakooh Peaks (We hiked through the notch between the two horns)
nader
on Nov 22, 2008 9:45 pm
Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing
Image ID: 465478

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Nov 23, 2008 9:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Salim

barely visible. How does he know all these mountains? Has he been all over these mountains before?

nader

nader - Nov 24, 2008 9:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Salim

Yup, that's Salim,

To tell you the truth, he does not know all of these mountains. He certainly is well familiar with the well known Iranian peaks, but I have taken him to many places that he had never been to.

I have the 1:50 000 topographic maps for most of the Alborz Mountains. I study the maps, come up with a plan and then we go out to climb. Of course the maps do not tell us the details of what we might encounter.

For this trip for example, I knew that we could climb all these peaks and then descend to a village that the map identified as Kia Neshinan. We knew absolutely nothing about this village and could not be sure if it really existed or not. Below the village, we got lost in the fog and the dense forest so we were forced to go back to the village to ask a local to guide us to a nearby road.

Salim is an experienced climber and a very nice man. He is good to have when we encounter unexpected difficulties.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2