Ruby Dome Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 23 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Sweet page...I love these remote NEvada peaks...

-MOrgan
Posted May 16, 2004 11:42 am

grandwazooUntitled Comment

grandwazoo

Thanks for the vote..... still have alot of work to complete.

Rik
Posted May 16, 2004 12:05 pm

Gabriele RothUntitled Comment

Gabriele Roth

looks complete :)
Posted May 16, 2004 3:05 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Fascinating page about one of the highest mountains in the Nevada Basin and Range area. Wassup with the anti-vote?
Posted May 16, 2004 10:48 pm

grandwazooUntitled Comment

grandwazoo

Thanks for the vote, the anti-vote came when I had just posted the page and hadn't added any info yet... I forgot to put a disclaimer up (In Progress) oh well.
Posted May 17, 2004 9:25 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

I can now see that you approached the Dome from the NNW to SSE, didn't realize that earlier-thought you had approched from due west i.e. Echo Canyon or a westward flowing brook or two to the north. Very nice pictures throughout. Thanks for the remarks on Seitz Canyon.
Posted May 18, 2004 8:58 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Nice page and always glad to see a Nevada county highpoint added to the Nevada list. This one is one my tick list for this summer.

Posted May 17, 2004 1:39 am

grandwazooUntitled Comment

grandwazoo

Thanks for the Vote, Dean. No doubt the summer will provide an excellent hike, but I think from the summer photos I have seen that the winter (snow) time is much easier.

Rik
Posted May 17, 2004 9:28 am

DeanUntitled Comment

True about the time of the hike. My sched is so full that there is no way to squeeze Ruby dome in any sooner. The Ruby mountains are indeed jewels that most people are unaware of.
Posted May 17, 2004 1:13 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

I've now had the chance to do Ruby Dome with my friend Dennis Poulin and it was just an outstanding hike. Beautiful area.
Posted Feb 23, 2005 5:04 pm

vertxUntitled Comment

vertx

Nice page!
Posted May 17, 2004 10:36 am

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Nice page. Attaching the images to the page would help improve it more. Cheers William
Posted May 17, 2004 11:04 am

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Great page!
Posted May 17, 2004 3:21 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Surprised I haven't voted on this yet. Good work.

One suggestion - is the 14 mile round-trip route the shortest route to the summit?
Posted Feb 23, 2005 11:18 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks for your comments and vote. As far as I have been able to determine, the Hennen Canyon route is the shortest. There might be another route up from the northeast but not one of the entries in the summit log indicated a different approach although there was one comment on a "cross country" effort. I still have more research to do and it'd be great to find a different approach.

This area is truly beautiful and I'm hoping to get back there in the next couple of years and will continue to update this page as new info comes to light. Here is a neat resource I just found on the whole area. Its worth a read.......click here.
Posted Feb 23, 2005 12:14 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Hey Tom, check out this pic. Does that pose look familiar?

Thank you for the vote, I've been enjoying you finding all of these county highpoint ones. One of the reason I've put up these pages is to help fellow county highpointers in their quest and so it is great to see your interest.
Posted Mar 18, 2005 12:41 am

CornvallisUntitled Comment

Cornvallis

Familiar indeed, but if I remember correctly he was the first person to the red saddle when we climbed Jeff. I guess when your as fast as Dennis you have time to kick back!
Posted Mar 18, 2005 1:08 am

KathyWUntitled Comment

Very nice page. Thanks for all the good information. I'm going to try do this one over the next year.
Posted Oct 30, 2005 11:10 pm