Ruby Peak Comments

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Excellent job! Always cool to see another Wallowas mtn.

Not sure if you heard the "rummors" that there's apparently an Oregon scrambles book in the works. Big chunk of it - of course - is supposed to come from the Wallowas (they have some notice on the mazamas web page).
Posted Aug 6, 2003 12:55 pm

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

Thanks for the vote. Looks like the scramble book is more than a rumor, but I have to wonder why "75". I've climbed quite a few of the mtns on the proposed list and haven't posted them on SP because they're really not worth posting.
Posted Aug 11, 2003 2:10 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Guessing that "75" is to keep it in the same spirit as the "75 Scrambles in WA" book...again, why "75"? No idea - the author got tired before she was able to do 100 peaks??

So what other Wallowa peaks have you done? Ever did Krag peak?
Posted Aug 11, 2003 3:16 pm

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

I've only been up to the Wallowas twice. Have climbed Twin Peaks, Sawtooth Peak, Sacajawea Peak, Hurwal Divide, Ruby Peak, Traverse Ridge, Matterhorn, and Chief Joseph Mountain. Next summer I'm thinking Mt Howard to Aneroid traverse then Pete's Point & back out. That may change if I can get my cousin to horsepack me in a bit deeper. It also might change if they don't have the gondola up next year. It was closed for repairs last month. - Cory
Posted Aug 12, 2003 2:09 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

We've been thinking of the traverse you mention. Looks like a fun ridge between Howard and Aneroid (got a few minor peaks there like "East Peak" and some no-names); on the return trip after hitting Pete's Point, there might be a way to just stay high on the ridge and summit Bonneville Mtn. as well.
Posted Aug 12, 2003 3:05 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Man, do I love this area. Has to be my favorite in Oregon. Nice page.
Posted Oct 7, 2003 12:32 am

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

Thanks. 2002 was the first year I went to the Wallowas and I still can't believe how uncrowded it is ... and how few people in Oregon know they exist. - Cory
Posted Oct 7, 2003 11:12 am

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Don't tell them! That way it'll be our secret and we can keep it for ourselves. :- )
Posted Oct 7, 2003 1:56 pm

PopoffUntitled Comment

Great page.
Posted Apr 7, 2004 1:43 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Do you have route information?
Posted Apr 11, 2004 3:58 pm