Saal Barf Comments

MoapaPk10 for name alone

MoapaPk

!! Seriously, looks like a great place. Iranian friends say I should go visit... doesn't appear to be in the cards right now.
Posted Jun 29, 2009 9:54 am

naderRe: 10 for name alone

nader

I struggled with that name. Could not come up with any other ways to spell it. It is a short "a", so it is not "Baaaaarf" :)

Hopefully things will change to the point that there will be no hesitation when it comes to going to Iran.
Posted Jun 29, 2009 10:01 am

hgrapidExternal links?

hgrapid

Great page as usual. One question though - why leave this section unedited? Sometimes people forget to remove that if they haven't added links.

"External Links
Add External Links text here."

Also, is climbing in Iran basically shut down for the time being given the turmoil in Tehran?
Posted Jun 30, 2009 2:15 pm

naderRe: External links?

nader

Thank you for looking and for your vote. I always think that maybe in the future I may want to add a link and at that time I might not be able to create a new heading (I probably would be able to, but better safe than sorry).

I was in Iran from June 7 until the 21st. There was obviuosly nothing going on in the mountains. Even in Tehran, except for peolple chanting slogans from their rooftops at night, I did not see anything else. My wife and parents who were in the US were quite concerned and urged me to come back sooner. I was actually supposed to be in Iran until June 26 but I cut my plans short and returned sooner. I am sure recent events have caused foreign tourists to reconsider their plans for visiting Iran but it has probably not at all affected Iranians climbers. Unfortunately, the protests seemed to have died out since then and things seem to have gone back to normal.
Posted Jun 30, 2009 7:56 pm

SzaniUherkovichVirtual travel

SzaniUherkovich

Your great page gave me the chance to travel to this place virtually. Specifically as you didn't concentrate only on the peak but also on the way leading to it - thanks for the photos showing how you approached the peak. For most of the mountain friends the hills of Iran can be visited virtually abyway
Posted Jul 4, 2009 5:23 pm

naderRe: Virtual travel

nader

Thank you for looking. I appreciate your vote and comments.

That is the beauty of Summitpost. You can virtually visit places that you will probably never travel to.
Posted Jul 4, 2009 10:22 pm

Bob SihlerAnother great job

Bob Sihler

Just got back from my own trip and am catching up on new submissions-- nice work as usual. Iran has some beautiful mountains!
Posted Jul 9, 2009 7:26 pm

naderRe: Another great job

nader

Thank you for looking and voting. I am always amazed by the great pages that you make yourself, from Death Valley to Montana and even the East Coast.
Posted Jul 10, 2009 9:42 am