Viewing: 1-20 of 21 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Nice page Brian.

Want to try to do this as an 'after-work' midweek exercise once the days get a bit longer.
Posted Mar 6, 2002 11:08 am

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Cool, it's a pretty easy hike but the views on a clear day are pretty great. Hope you enjoy.
Posted Mar 6, 2002 7:23 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Thanks for checking out my mountain page. Can you give me some ideas what I need to do to make this worth 4 stars to you? Thanks.
Posted Jul 23, 2002 5:49 pm

gaclandUntitled Comment

Great page Brian, I love doing this mountain at all times of the year. It's neat to see the views during different conditions. I live in the Nehalem area and the mountain looks like a big saddle sitting at the North end of the river valley. I'll have to get a pic from down here and post it.

Peace
Posted Oct 29, 2002 7:45 am

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Nice page!
Posted Dec 19, 2002 3:43 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Thanks.
Posted Dec 19, 2002 6:22 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Good choice for an opening picture. Looks like a nice area. I was intrigued by the rather small early photos.
Posted Oct 31, 2003 6:13 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Thanks! Yeah, the early pictures were my first camera at a less-than-stellar processing place so they were all really small.

Thanks for your vote.
Posted Oct 31, 2003 9:03 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Hmm...it would seem everything is centered on this page. A new SP layout style, perhaps? Looks sort of...wierd! Otherwise, nice work! HA!
Posted Dec 7, 2004 10:06 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Thanks for the vote! I have to assume you must have emailed me back but my computer at home crashed yesterday so I am trying to figure that out. Oh the joy continues...................... ;- )
Posted Dec 8, 2004 12:35 pm

Don NelsenUntitled Comment

Don Nelsen

This is plenty high enough to post - it's not "dumpster diving" unless it's under 3k, right? (Of which I'm guilty!) :-)

Good page, too, and: This IS the jagged outline we could make out on the horizen from the top of Goat Mountain on 2/26. I measured angles from the pics I took that day and it lined up perfectly.

Don
Posted Mar 20, 2005 1:48 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Cool. Thanks for the vote, Don.
Posted Mar 21, 2005 12:23 am

OlympicMtnBoyUntitled Comment

OlympicMtnBoy

Good page. Now that I've climbed it it looks even better! I hope someone posts some pics of the unique flowers found on this mountain. That's one thing that makes it special! Have a good one.
Posted Dec 30, 2005 3:33 am

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Thanks! Appreciate your vote.
Posted Dec 30, 2005 3:11 pm

ericnoelTrail Closure

ericnoel

Good page. You might want to note something about the trail closure. I see the attached trip report dates from December and as of yesterday there are still signs about saying the trail is officially closed. I saw one car turn back at the turnoff due to this and several people turn back at the trailhead. I hiked it anyway and found that it was no problem at all to get through the slide areas and around the ongoing trail construction. But it would probably be good to give people a heads up, both that it is officially closed and also that if you do hike it, the slide is not much of an obstacle though I cannot vouch for how stable it is.
Posted Mar 31, 2007 11:02 pm

donhaller3Trail completely open July 4.

donhaller3

Good as it ever gets. One picnic table at the shelter, no shelter. The artificial obstacle course just short of the summit has been ameliorated, with most of the horizontal fence post and trip cables removed. Still some random rebar sticking out of the rock. Crowds moderate for a holiday and very well behaved. Seemed to be just past the peak of an excellent wild flower year on the upper parts of the hill.
Posted Jul 17, 2007 2:30 pm

KMMroad closed as of 12-9-07

KMM

when we headed up to saddle mountain today we were met by a "road closed" sign. The road itself is clear but the trail is in bad shape. There was much blowdown and landslides that took out parts of the trail. It will be awhile before it's in "trail" shape.
Posted Dec 9, 2007 11:06 pm

Brian JenkinsRe: road closed as of 12-9-07

Brian Jenkins

Thanks for the info. Do you remember where on the road it was closed? Close to the highway or in a ways? Were there any postings about the trail? Thanks for any info you can give.

Brian
Posted Dec 10, 2007 1:24 pm

KMMRe: road closed as of 12-9-07

KMM

The road to saddle mtn had a sign that said "Road Closed" right off of the highway. Right acrossed from that house there. I saw no postings about the trail, but I would say that it will be marked closed very soon if not by now. I drove the road to the trail head and hiked the trail to the top. The trail probably had more than 50 trees that had fell on it. The upper portions before the saddle had quite a bit of landslides. Parts of the trail were completley gone. I would guess that the State will deem the trail not safe. If you want to go to the top you still can just it isn't a "hike" anymore. A bit of bushwacking is required. let me know if you have anymore questions i'll try and help.
Posted Dec 16, 2007 11:53 pm

Brian JenkinsRe: road closed as of 12-9-07

Brian Jenkins

Thanks! So, there is a sign that says road closed but the road is not really closed (if you could drive to the trailhead)?
Posted Dec 17, 2007 3:23 am