Sail Rock

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.01347°N / 23.76388°E
Activities Activities: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 1001 ft / 305 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Sail Rock is a summit situated on the outer north side of the Phyxiko plateau; rising at 305m it is the fourth highest summit in the area. The rock is mostly unclimbable and the SE side is closed off by private property, the only way to the summit is a very easy scramble from the N that is easily accessible from the road. The rock is a very distinct white summit that has many routes that vary in difficulty. 

Getting There

To get there you will have to go to the Phyxiko square at solomou. Then move up to these co-ord 38.013735, 23.764026. This should be fine to climb.

Route

The route i used to summit was from the N side of the base just ahead from the huge tanks on the right side of the road. Since there isnt any clear trail you will have to kinda follow these instructions or find your way up. 

The route is ALL a scramble, not exposed but still a scramble.
Unnamed Image
I tried to take advantage of the mini colouoirs scattered around the face and summited in around 5 minutes. There is an altitude gain of about 20m 

Red Tape

The only red tape is on the SE face there is a fence since a small part is considered private property

External Links

peakbagger: http://www.peakbagger.com/peak.aspx?pid=-54970
 

Photos

Unnamed Image
Unnamed Image
Unnamed Image


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Upper Athenian MountiansMountains & Rocks