Samaria Mountains HP (ID) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
ericnoel

ericnoel - Sep 9, 2021 5:36 pm Date Climbed: Sep 9, 2021

Wood BM  Sucess!

Short hike after a bumpy drive.

Joe the Hiker - Aug 5, 2020 11:09 am Date Climbed: Aug 5, 2020

easy hike with the boys  Sucess!

The first part of the road was recently graded and was great. The second half was rough and we appreciated the 4 wheel drive high clearance vehicle. We signed the climber log at the top, it was under a red can and the log went back to 2014, just after the fire I figured.

apachedino

apachedino - Jun 19, 2013 5:28 pm Date Climbed: Jun 18, 2013

Nice rest stop  Sucess!

I had climbed Mount Borah in Idaho earlier in the day and was on the drive back home. After passing Pocotello and seeing how green all the mountains were (Bonneville, Oxford, Old Tom), I wondered if I could add a quick side trip iun to stretch the legs. I found Deans description and it worked out well (although the marked map on this page is slightly off). There are some very nice forests in this area, I was surprised. It was very green in the drainages and up higher it was what appeared to be the pinnacle of wildflower season for these parts. Great views to the other small ranges to the west that are above the Great Salt Lake. I could see Bull Mountain on the Raft River range where I was a week before during a family reunion as well as Mount Harrison that I had biked to the top of 2 days prior. Excellent scenery for such a surprise of a peak that I only visited as the days are so long this time of year. Probably the only person that has or will ever do Borah and this highpoint on the same day.

There was a film cannister register with 3 entries over 7 years. No pen though so I couldn't sign. Saw 2 moose circling my car as I walked back, but they went on their way. At first I thought they were dirtbikers or something and I was blocking their path(it is a narrow road). I had just parked there thinking nobody would come by on this seldom driven road.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Jul 27, 2009 12:58 am Date Climbed: Jul 26, 2009

Wood BM  Sucess!

I had driven past the Samaria Mountains so many times and finally decided to go to the highpoint. Followed Dean’s directions and was able to find the trailhead without problems. It was a very hot day. I didn’t stay on the summit for long since storm clouds were above me soon followed by rain.

Dean

Dean - Jul 15, 2009 8:09 am Date Climbed: Jul 10, 2009

Short hike  Sucess!

The area was a lot more interesting and scenic than I thought it was going to be. Other than snagging my leg on the barb wire fence crossover, it was a pretty easy hike.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Samaria Mountains HP (ID)' main page