Viewing: 1-20 of 26 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

KaneHi Aaron

Kane

Great page. I enjoyed reading about the storm factory.
Posted Feb 22, 2006 1:12 am

Larry VA lot of work!

Larry V

You've set a high standard for Range/Area pages, Aaron.
Posted Feb 22, 2006 5:23 am

SaintgrizzlyExcellent...

Saintgrizzly

...as usual! You keep raising the bar higher--and bring back a LOT of memories!
Posted Feb 24, 2006 1:31 am

RyanSWell executed!

RyanS

Innovative and comprehensive. You've set a high bar, Aaron!

Are there other San Juan Ranges in the country? I had always wondered why the SPv1 grouping said San Juan Range (CO), and this obviously came over to SPv2.
Posted Feb 26, 2006 5:15 pm

Aaron JohnsonRe: Well executed!

Aaron Johnson

Other San Juan Ranges? I doubt it, although San Juan Puerta Rico might be considered such by some. Thanks for the comments!
Posted Feb 27, 2006 11:35 pm

miztflipFine Job

miztflip

Great job Aaron, very compact and informative considering the size of this range.
Posted Mar 6, 2006 12:02 am

csmcgranahanGreat!

csmcgranahan

I just love the San Juans! I've only climbed four peaks there so far - all in 2005. I hope to tick a few more off this year! I get excited just thinking about the San Juans in July. So green!
Posted Mar 17, 2006 4:59 am

Aaron JohnsonRe: Great!

Aaron Johnson

Thanks. When the San Juans are emerald green, it's indescribable. Precip has been lean in recent years so they may not be as green as they have been known to get. They are exciting mountains to be in. I try to get down there once or twice a year. I've got some mountains I've been wanting to climb for years and haven't managed for any number of reasons. I hope to be successful this year. Good luck on your excursions to the San Juans!
Posted Mar 17, 2006 5:32 am

ktimmTerrific page

ktimm

great page nicely done
Posted Mar 23, 2006 3:26 pm

peerzatIt's about time I...

peerzat

mention how grateful I am for your time and effort on the SP site. I have referred to your info on countless occasions. Too bad for me, I discovered it after moving BACK to Minneapolis FROM Durango! I had a painting company there for a year and a half. I did whatever exploring I had time for. The Mighty San Juans have changed me for the better forever.

thanks much!!
peerzat
Posted Apr 15, 2006 12:11 am

Aaron JohnsonRe: It's about time I...

Aaron Johnson

Thank you. I'm sure you miss the San Juans living in Minneapolis. Hopefully SP will fill the gap until you get to the mountains, where ever that may be!
Posted Apr 16, 2006 2:09 pm

cp0915An amazing page!

cp0915

Very helpful to those with minimal knowledge of the area, and looking for more.
Posted Aug 23, 2007 10:54 am

Aaron JohnsonRe: An amazing page!

Aaron Johnson

Glad to have been of service! That's what SP is all about and what all contributors strive for. For me, the reward for all the work is knowing it has benefited someone. Thanks Corey.
Posted Aug 23, 2007 5:45 pm

colintTears in my eyes!

colint

Thanks for putting together such a good page on my favorite range. It has been a few years since I have been in the San Juans, but I am hoping to spend the summer doing vegetation surveys there, and hopefully climbing dozens of peaks. The linked climbing conditions page is great!
Posted Mar 19, 2008 4:03 pm

Aaron JohnsonRe: Tears in my eyes!

Aaron Johnson

Thank you! Glad it made you feel the way it did. Hopefully the entire San Juan range collection of pages will aid you in your climbing objectives this summer. Have fun in the San Juans!
Posted Mar 19, 2008 5:56 pm

John Kirkphoto links

John Kirk

Aaron,

Have you considered hyperlinking the images to the images' pages so that it is easier to vote for them?
Posted May 30, 2008 12:35 pm

Aaron JohnsonRe: photo links

Aaron Johnson

Hi John. Nice to hear from you. It's been my style since SP's earliest days not to link most photos placed within the text of a page. I feel it disrupts the reader's endeavor to gather information, which is my priority on SP when constructing a page. I've never been a fan of the voting thing on photos either, so the importance of making sure the reader gets the information they're after wins out over getting votes on photos (but of course, like anything else, there are exceptions).
Posted Jun 1, 2008 7:33 pm

John KirkRe: photo links

John Kirk

I hear you Aaron. Using blank targets (a href="..." target="_blank" opens to new window) is one approach, but still invites one to explore tangents. I wouldn't have noticed except I saw one particular photo I liked and it wasn't easy to search for in order to vote on it.
Posted Jun 2, 2008 12:57 pm

ChristianRodriguezawesome page

ChristianRodriguez

really great page... lovely pictures aswell.
Posted Jun 29, 2009 12:50 pm