Sant Jeroni Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
David Mortensen

David Mortensen - Apr 6, 2019 1:05 pm Date Climbed: Apr 6, 2019

Sant Jeroni  Sucess!

I hiked this with my family. The skies were clear making for some great scenery. We saw mountain goats. The mountains in this area have some really unique rock formations. We saw quite a few rock climbers making their way up some of the pinnacles. It was a great way spend the day after visiting the Montserrat Monastery.

damgaard

damgaard - Aug 8, 2014 4:39 am Date Climbed: Jul 16, 2014

hot, hot, hot  Sucess!

Took the St. Joan cablecar to the summit of the ridge, hiked a steep trail to the summit of a peak near the Santa Magdalena ruins and then followed the ridge to St. Jeroni before returning to the monestary. 2 hours in 30 degrees of heat. But stunning views!

GlacierDan

GlacierDan - Apr 16, 2013 2:32 pm

Jeroni  Sucess!

January 2011 - A nice walk

eza

eza - Jul 26, 2011 11:56 am Date Climbed: Jul 17, 2011

Solo hike  Sucess!

Hiking on my own, went up by the Camí Nou from the Pla de Tarantules (wonderful sights of the massif!) and back down to the Monastery by the Camí Vell. Enjoyed the hike

Seth Maciejowski

Seth Maciejowski - Oct 12, 2009 9:45 pm

Awesome Hike  Sucess!

Amazing pinnacles! Had to climb a few pitches on the way. Awesome views from the top out to the north off the big cliffs. Take the ridge path down as it has really great views!

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Mar 23, 2009 5:30 am Date Climbed: Mar 20, 2009

Impressive Montserrat  Sucess!

Because we drived almost 5h in the morning to Montserrat from my house we walked the short route from Funicular of sant Joan to Sant Jeroni in the evening following the Camí Nou (New path) descending across the Camí Viell (Old path) in the ravine of Olcells to Monastery. The panorama was beautiful, with impressive rocky formations of the magic Montserrat.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Aug 25, 2008 4:51 pm Date Climbed: Aug 17, 2008

San Jeroni short round tour  Sucess!

We did the most direct ascent from the monastery (as Gabriele describes it on the main page of Montserrat) and returned by the ridge path to the upper station of Sant Joan funicular. A surprisingly beautiful tour, mostly recommendable to anyone. Could be done also in the reverse direction. The most beautiful part was the panoramic section from the summit to the Sant Joan station.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Mar 20, 2007 4:18 am Date Climbed: Feb 13, 2007

Making a day of it  Sucess!

To the top and beyond after a long circular tour of the Montserrat massif starting and finishing at Placa Santa Maria.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Sant Jeroni' main page