Steven CrossUntitled Comment

Steven Cross

Nice to see some more NM Peaks, the list of mountains lacks for that state. Nice job job Santa Fe Baldy. :)

Links would be a good addition to the page too.
Posted Dec 19, 2002 9:37 am

dsnellUntitled Comment

dsnell

Good point. I made the changes you suggested.

Thanks for the vote.

Regards,

David C. Snell
Posted Dec 19, 2002 11:38 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Great page. Quality work!
Posted Dec 19, 2002 2:08 pm

kletterwebbiUntitled Comment

kletterwebbi

Nice page, may be you can add some routes ...
Posted Dec 23, 2002 4:56 am

adepasUntitled Comment

Looks good. You might just want to add the coordinates so that the Topozone link appears. I went ahead and looked it up for you:

35.8322°N, 105.7575°W (As I'm sure you know, SummitPost requires you to enter the longitude as negative for 'West'.)

An unrelated query: Do you have any information on other peaks in the Pecos Wilderness such as the Truchas range? This is an area that has caught my interest lately and I'd love to hear more about it. Keep up the good work.

Addendum: Thanks for the info! I'll look forward to hopefully bagging those peaks this summer.
Posted Dec 28, 2002 9:00 pm

dsnellUntitled Comment

dsnell

Thanks for the Lon/Lat coordinates. I'll put those on the page. I was just in the area last week, so I will be adding a few pics of the mountain as well.

Regarding other climbs in the Pecos, I am in the process of putting together a page for Lake Peak and Penitente Peak, which are in the same vicinity as Santa Fe Baldy. I climbed Lake Peak last week, and I am just waiting for my pics to be developed.

I have climbed in the Truchas range many years ago, when I was a permanent resident of New Mexico (now I just visit family several times a year). I thought about creating a page on those peaks, but I don't think I have any pics to add. Anyway, I highly recommend the Truchas range. Unlike most of the rest of the New Mexico mountains that are rounded domes, the Truchas are jagged, Colorado-looking mountains. They are also rarely visited due to the remoteness of the trailhead, so you can expect a lot of solitude there.

The problem we had was locating the trailhead. It's nestled way up in the mountains and can only be accessed by these winding dirt roads for which there is no good map. I recommend getting the book "The Roads of New Mexico" which has these roads in pretty good detail.

Enjoy.

--DCS
Posted Jan 1, 2003 2:18 pm

bigwallyUntitled Comment

bigwally

Great page. Good descriptions, good picutures and the fact that you have "been-there and done-that" makes all of your information that much more reliable an more readily acceptable. Thank you soo much for taking the Time and Effort to put your knowledge and experience together, and making this page !!!!
Posted Jan 7, 2003 8:43 am

dsnellUntitled Comment

dsnell

I know this is REALLY late, but thanks for the vote. I usually respond sooner, but I was just looking at the page and realized I hadn't replied. Thanks again!

Regards,

DCS
Posted Sep 10, 2003 12:27 pm

dsnellUntitled Comment

dsnell

Thanks for the votes. Great trip report! I would appreciate any input you have, as it has been a while since I have hiked either Baldy or Penitente.
Posted Jul 30, 2003 4:40 pm

FelsbergUntitled Comment

Felsberg

i think your pages are well done, i really cant think of anything to add, i just wish more people would post some pics, some from a clear day! when is summit post going to catch on for the New Mexico hiking crowd? Anyway, great pages, thanks for posting them.
Posted Jul 30, 2003 5:21 pm

dsnellUntitled Comment

dsnell

Thanks for the vote, Barry.
Posted Feb 16, 2004 12:38 pm

RockopotamusUntitled Comment

Rockopotamus

Very good Job on this website. I once ran a cross country meet up in Sante Fe and part of the course went up the side of a mountain. I get exhausted now just thinking of It. Again Super job!
Posted Feb 12, 2004 2:20 pm

dsnellUntitled Comment

dsnell

Cross country at 12,000'?! That's insane! Thanks for the vote.
Posted Feb 16, 2004 12:45 pm