NoonduelerThe setting

Noondueler

for this climb is very beautiful Silvia!
Posted Aug 6, 2013 12:50 am

Silvia MazzaniRe: The setting

Silvia Mazzani

Thanks Windsor, here the meadows are so green... they seem almost not real!
Posted Aug 13, 2013 9:49 am

Gangolf HaubConfused

Gangolf Haub

I'm actually confused about this page. Sarner Scharte is the saddle between the two summits (Scharte being the German name for saddle / col). However, the southern lower summit is also called Sarner Scharte, while the northern one is Villanderer Berg / Monte Villandro, for which there already is a page.

The coordinates on your page denote the southern summit but the description you give seems to be for both summits. On the other hand the elevation is again correct for the southern one.
Posted Aug 9, 2013 2:41 am

Silvia MazzaniRe: Confused

Silvia Mazzani

Hello Gangolf,
i think there's really a little confusion about Sarentini, because of, unfortunately, it doesn't exist a guidebook dedicated in Italy. Inside the "Guide dei Monti d'Italia" series - covering now almost all the Alps and the Apennines - there's not a guide book covering this chain. However, Sarner Scharte is not a saddle, it's a true peak very well identifyed, having a gigantic cross, a summit-book, two summits (the main one is lying North to the lower one), a big wall facing West and some easy grassy slopes in the opposite side; i don't know the reason, but the peak takes its name from the saddle lying South-East to both the two summits. The saddle is named Schartle. Villanderer Berg or Monte Villandro is situated North to Sarner Scharte and it's another peak, autonomous from Sarner Scharte. It can be reached also from the summit of Sarner Scharte, walking towards North-West.
All the best.
Silvia
Posted Aug 13, 2013 10:22 am

Gangolf HaubRe: Confused

Gangolf Haub

I think, what confuses me is this: "From here (Schartl) follow the steep but easy slope on the left". I think I'm not clear where your trailhead actually is since I can't find Riedlerhof on Google. I assumed you go up to the saddle between Villanderer Berg and Sarner Scharte. Then, turning left would take you to Villanderer Berg. And yes, this saddle according to my maps is also called "Sarner Scharte".

Another confusing thing: Totenrücken is north of Villanderer Berg. I've been there and visited the chapel, so I know. You say that Sarner Scharte stretches from Totenrücken to Bolzano.

Monti Sarentini are only confusing in the southern parts, Tschögglberg in the west and the pastures between Rittner Horn and Villanderer Berg in the east. The rest is pretty much "self-explaining" :-)
Posted Aug 15, 2013 4:33 am

desainmeVideo at?

desainme

Looks like Angel's Ridge
Posted Jan 29, 2014 8:18 am

Silvia MazzaniRe: Video at?

Silvia Mazzani

Oh yes, i've given a look at the video; after some frames of Dolomites, there's just a movie on Angel's Ridge, or Engelskante in the local German dialect. Nice!
Many thanks for the info!
Cheers and ciao!