theronmoonGreat page!

theronmoon

So glad you made this page, it looks great. Thanks for making it. theron
Posted Apr 16, 2007 10:31 pm

DeanRe: Great page!

Thank you. I appreciate your comments and felt that perhaps the area could use a bit more exposure. I still have some more stuff to add but I'm about out of energy for the evening. I hope to improve it. Have you been over to Sheep Camp?
Posted Apr 16, 2007 10:59 pm

keemaBeat me to it. :)

keema

Good page Dean. I had planned on putting this and Pinos up upon my return, but you and CA beat to them. Again, good work.
Posted Apr 16, 2007 11:51 pm

DeanRe: Beat me to it. :)

Thank you Dan for your comments. You know what is a funny thing? I hadn't even thought about putting up Mt Pinos until my friend from Vancouver did it last week. He also did Sawmill but it was when he said Pinos was the 11th most prominent peak in California and the 67th most prominent in the whole lower 48, that caught my attention. When I went to do it the other night, lo and behold, CA had beat me to it so I know what you are saying. Feel free to add stuff and pics. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley and my sister lived in Frazier Park for a bunch of years. That area is kind like home in a way.
Posted Apr 17, 2007 12:03 am

surgentYou da man

surgent

I was there in '00, glad I visited 'both' HP areas. Might go back in May for better photos.
Posted Apr 17, 2007 11:36 am

DeanRe: You da man

I have put a link to your great TR on your visit and look forward to seeing your update with pics. BTW, there are several P2K's that will lure me back down there: Frazier, Hines, Alamo, Reyes and others.
Posted Apr 17, 2007 12:22 pm

surgentRe: You da man

surgent

I'm headed there next month!
Posted Apr 18, 2007 10:05 am

Gangolf HaubObsession with highpoints

Gangolf Haub

It's hard to understand your obsession with highpoints from this side of the pond. But you make excellent pages about them and this is what counts!
Posted Apr 20, 2007 4:24 am

DeanRe: Obsession with highpoints

Thank you for your comments about the page and pages(s). It is true that I have a highpoint obsession but they are great fun and takes me to places I wouldn't normally go. Each one is little miniadventure and at my age I need adventure in my life. The highpoints of Nevada are a good example. Many of those are far from anywhere and require one to be a bit more self reliant in many ways. Here's my highpoint map so far: HERE

I hope to paint the west green. Then there are prominence peak highpoints, those are another passion.

Posted Apr 20, 2007 9:20 am