Sawtooth Peak Comments

Craig PeerUntitled Comment

Craig Peer

Needs more photos and maybe some links to the local Forest Service. Otherwise it's an informative page. Tell me when you add some photos and I'll re - rate it.
Posted Nov 7, 2002 8:27 pm

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

I added a couple of pics. They're not too artistic, but hopefully the description seems better for them. - Cory
Posted Dec 27, 2002 2:06 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Nice page. Great directions. Needs some photos though.

May want to tell more on how to get a NW Forest Pass. I think I remember seeing a self-issue station at the Hurricane Creek Trailhead but I am not sure.

Might want to put up more info how to get to the campground at Wallowa Lake too. I have a link to that info on my Sacajawea page if you want to use that.

Cool mountain, it's on my list to do for next year. Thanks for adding this page to SP.

updated 11/12/02
Posted Nov 9, 2002 2:12 pm

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

Thanks for the review. Added campground link from your Sacajawea Peak page, added link to USFS web page, differentiated between NW Forest Pass and Wilderness permit, and made a couple of other slight tweaks. Will add some photos when my slow to respond brother sends them. - Cory
Posted Nov 11, 2002 4:49 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Ha ha. Raised my vote to 4 stars. Thanks. At least your brother gets outdoors. Mine lives in CO but won't do any hiking or climbing with me when I visit him. Oh well, he does let me borrow his Durango though to go do some climbs so I can't say too much.
Posted Nov 12, 2002 11:07 am

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Good page. Could use some images. Cheers William
Posted Nov 14, 2002 12:36 pm

bigwallyUntitled Comment

bigwally

Good page. Very thorough and highly organized. Good maps and access directions.Good book reference. But .....oh, more photos would make everyone more happy !!!! Thank you for taking making the Effort to put all of this good info together, in such a palitable way !!!!
Posted Jan 10, 2003 9:41 am

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

Added a photo I took from Ruby Peak. I don't post a whole lot of pictures because:

1) Since photos can be rated independently I only want to post good ones

2) I want to leave opportunity for others to post pics ... especially if they're better than mine.

- Cory
Posted Aug 15, 2003 3:16 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Nice page.

Itching to get back to the Wallowas in the near future.
Posted Jun 25, 2003 10:26 am

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

Thanks for the vote. I'm going back next week to do Ruby Peak and attempt a traverse of Hurwal Divide from Point Joseph to Matterhorn. - Cory
Posted Jul 2, 2003 8:29 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Cory,

Have you ever tried a high traverse starting at Wallowa Lk. up to Mt. Howard then south towards East Peak, then Aneroid, then Petes Point and finishing back at Wallowa Lake via Bonneville Mountain? This was originally mentioned by Bob Bolton (rfbolton) as something I believe he has attempted but not sure if he's done it. Think that could be a fun one but would like to talk to someone who's done it before.

Radek

PS did Eagle Cap last Saturday via E. Fork of Lostine River.......what a SPECTACULAR view point!!!!!
Posted Jul 2, 2003 10:15 am

cjwhatUntitled Comment

cjwhat

I have looked at that route on the map, sans Bonneville. I would do it this time if my brother could go, but he can't so I'm sticking to a route I have actually viewed.

- Cory