Sayres BM Comments

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

I'll check back to see if you add more but it already is awesome. Great page Kane. I need to get back to the Sawatch someday.

Jon

I've visual beta on Peak H, Black Becnhmark, Peak W, X, Y, and Z. I tried for X yesterday. Dark clouds at 8:30 convinced me to go for Vista instead. Vista had better views then Solitude. Lemme know if you're interested.
Posted Jul 24, 2005 5:48 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Jon, Peak X is definately a nice looking peak. I bypassed it on the way to Y and Z, I wanted to save it for another day. So let's do Peak X some time! Jim and I di an epic/grueling climb of Guyselman, Peak N and O last week. I'm still recovering.

Heading out to the Elks on Tues for 4 days. Will go for Thunder and Lightning Pyramid, UN13,631, Un13,336, Hayden Peak and Leahy Peak. Maybe Sievers again. If you want to join me for any of this let me know. The Hayden Tour would probably work with the doggies. I'll be doing that on Thurs night and Friday.
Posted Jul 24, 2005 6:07 pm

Layne BracyUntitled Comment

Layne Bracy

Nice page, Kane!
Posted Jul 24, 2005 6:55 pm

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

Nice job!
Posted Jul 24, 2005 6:58 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Hi Alan, you getting out much? Unless your busting my balls you're not showing up much on SP. BTW-thanks for the vote.
Posted Jul 24, 2005 8:58 pm

Ed FUntitled Comment

Ed F

I always wondered if there was a good route on this beautiful peak. Thanks for adding.
Posted Jul 24, 2005 9:48 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Try it in May, you will love it. Nothing like hiking on a sidewalk (hardpack snow) to a summit!
Posted Jul 24, 2005 10:44 pm

Ed FUntitled Comment

Ed F

Thanks. I wonder if it would be worth it to ski. I guess it would be tough to hit the window where you could skin most of the valley, but have the top be in freeze-melt. We'll see... Thanks again for adding this one.
Posted Jul 25, 2005 5:41 pm

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Posted Jul 25, 2005 3:35 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Wonderful page Kane! Take Care!

-Britt
Posted Jul 25, 2005 8:23 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

We're leaving for Colorado in two weeks to climb two easy walk-ups: East Spanish and Conejos Peaks (neither on SP) Afterwards, ATTM is meeting us in Ouray to do a five pitch technical (5.6) route on Chimney Peak. We had a couple of other trips planned but were canceled due to the herniated disc in my back (thus, the easy walk-ups). Anyway, it should be fun. Look for three new Colorado pages after we get back.

AE
Posted Jul 25, 2005 10:30 am

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Looks like a nice mountain. I'm sure it sees few visitors while nearby La Plata gets big crowds. Such is the case with the 13'ers vs 14'ers!
Posted Jul 25, 2005 6:51 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Great looking peak
Posted Jul 25, 2005 11:32 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Dean, thanks for stopping by and voting.
Posted Jul 26, 2005 3:20 pm

johnmcysUntitled Comment

johnmcys

Kane has done his usal excellent job in creating a great mountain page. John Cys
Posted Jul 28, 2005 6:29 pm

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

Nicely done, Kane. Sayres is a lovely peak. I have to ask.... why the recent penchant for using a route map as your sig photo?
Posted Jul 28, 2005 9:11 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

What? My Topos are in my Sig photo spot! I had no idea.

Your about the fifth person to ask me about that. My response is easy, I always plug my sig photo (my best shot of the mountain) in my Overview section, like a lot of members do right now. I just feel that another shot of the mountain on the front page is unnecessary, so I think the TOPO is the next most important piece of a page.

Posted Jul 30, 2005 11:52 pm