Scariest Part

Scariest Part

This was the scariest part of this route. Ron (yellow) is just about to step over a cleft on the rock (can't really see it here) with several hundred feet of exposure. Grant is at the step where you need to step into that bush and hope for purchase while using its roots and branches for a hand hold. There is a lot of exposure at this part.
Brian Jenkins
on Sep 3, 2011 7:41 am
Image ID: 743310

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
gimpilator

gimpilator - Feb 4, 2012 10:58 am - Voted 10/10

Wow

How far did you follow the gully before traversing to the south? I don't recognize this ledge. I'm sure there are different variations, but I don't recall anything like this.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Feb 4, 2012 7:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow

Ha, well, we screwed up and never cut back to the ridge. We followed a ledge around to the southern end of the mountain thinking that the litle break where you head up left would be more apparent. I'm intending to write up a new route page for this. We ended up cliffing out at the end and then found a short cleft to scramble up right at the summit. Followed the correct route down and saw where we screwed up. Then had to reclimb most of it again to pick up our trekking poles where we left them. Made for some good stories over burgers and beer afterwards.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2