Schreckhorn Comments

Oyvind Lind PetersenUntitled Comment

Oyvind Lind Petersen

Maybe you should start the story more epic with the name itself - The Terrifying Mountain. And then your words "is considered the most difficult 4000 meter mountain in the Bernese Alps". And then facts about east, west Eiger and so on.
Posted Jan 25, 2002 2:55 am

Rahel Maria LiuUntitled Comment

Rahel Maria Liu

Hi Dirk,

good that you added this mountain now! But, as you probably know or intend to do, some infos should still be added, for example:
  • general routes-overview with difficulty, lengths, reputation
  • links with infos concerning the area, lodging, camping, huts, train/bus, weather
  • precise description of the getting there by car/train/bus
  • precise description of the approaches to the huts (maybe you could create own pages on the huts - let's see how the further discussion on this topic is going on)
  • maps
  • books

• Regards, Rahel

18 June 2002: Hi Diego, good that you improved the page. But you could still add, for example, an overview on all routes (difficulty, length), detailed decriptions of the approaches to the huts, detailed road descriptions about how to get there, books and maps , links to webpages about the huts. Cheers, Rahel
    Posted Jan 25, 2002 11:24 am

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Hola Rahel, I've recently adopted this page, I hope it pleases you. Danke.
    Posted Jun 17, 2002 5:07 pm

Rahel Maria LiuUntitled Comment

Rahel Maria Liu

vote changed
    Posted Jun 18, 2002 12:22 pm

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Gracias Rahel, I'll try to re-improve my page.
    Posted Jun 19, 2002 2:20 pm

alpenkalbUntitled Comment

alpenkalb

Sorry, but I found are some errors.

Lauteraar hut and Gleckstein hut are not suited for the Schreckhorn. Mountaineers that intend to climb the north face may well pass those huts, but will sleep in the Aarbivouac. I miss this important bivouac on your page. From the Gleckstein hut to the Lauteraarsattel you have to invest ca. 5 hours and only after this time you are near the foot of the Schreckhorn.

I certainly miss the description of the normal route.

It looks that the author has never been there.
    Posted Jan 30, 2002 10:58 am

MountaindocUntitled Comment

Hi Alpenkalb !

1. Saw your normal route-description for the Schreckhorn ! You marked the route as a "half-day-climb" !! I would really like to do a "speed-climb" with you on the Schreckhorn! If you are really fast, you might make the ascend in 4-5 hours! The descend will take almost the same amount of time! So you end up with a minimum of TEN HOURS !! That's not half a day, but a whole day! Or do you consider the night also as normal climbing time...???

2. The very beginning of the route (the ascend to the Gaagg is not described! It became a quite difficult part, as there is almost no path visible anymore (especially not in the darkness of the early morning) and a ton of loose rocks makes it hard to climb/walk ! A preciser description might help here !

Other than that, it's great that you have added the normal route to the Schreckhorn-page !

Posted Apr 16, 2002 7:42 am

alpenkalbUntitled Comment

alpenkalb

Hi mountaindoc

I agree with your remarks. Half a day was meant from the hut to the summit. Going down is another half a day. I corrected.

I commented that the first part of the ascent is part of the normal route and I expected that the maintainer would describe it.
    Posted Apr 18, 2002 12:46 pm

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

I've recently adopted this page, I hope it likes you. Please if you have information about Aarbivouac post it, I can find none datum. Danke.
    Posted Jun 17, 2002 5:03 pm

bigwallyUntitled Comment

bigwally

Diego, Good page, but could you tell us more about the general/overall length of routes, nature of the climbing, etc. This could very easily be a 4-star page !!!! Thank you for your Work !
    Posted Jan 20, 2003 3:55 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

NIce page
    Posted Oct 14, 2003 8:00 am

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Posted Oct 14, 2003 7:33 pm

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Explain yourself for voting so low please
    Posted Feb 4, 2006 7:50 pm