Viewing: 1-20 of 30 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Great job on this page Dean! Looks like a great peak to hike with some amazing views. Nice job and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Oct 20, 2004 12:43 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Britt. I am going to have to return to this one as the weather was awful. Very little in the way of views and the overview pic shows the best view we had all day and it wasn't even of the peak. So, next summer, Scotchman Peak and I have another date.

I appreciate your comments and vote, you are always there for the rest of us.
Posted Oct 20, 2004 5:02 pm

Dennis PoulinUntitled Comment

Dennis Poulin

Another great page. I will use the info next year when I'm in Idaho.
Posted Oct 20, 2004 1:27 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

I need more pics so I'll just have to tag along.
Posted Oct 20, 2004 5:58 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Any broken bottles of whisky at the summit?

Great photo (of you?) in the Overview section!
Posted Oct 20, 2004 2:17 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Broken bottles were all of the finest scotch labels.

The guy in the overview pic was none other than the famous Sir Robert Bolton.
Posted Oct 20, 2004 3:02 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Good page! Too bad the weather was not up to it. The large picture in the overview section indicates what could have been. If this happens to me I generally get pretty frustrated, especially when in a place that is supposed to have good views. The page I posted yesterday (Schulterhoehe) was such a place and even now, after a month and after having posted it I still feel some disappointment. :-(

On the upside it's one more reason to return :-)
Posted Oct 20, 2004 4:55 pm

SaintgrizzlyUntitled Comment

Saintgrizzly

Dean,

Again--nice area--hope you're able to get more pictures in the future! Discouraging news, though; I tried adding the book, "Trails of the Wild Cabinets," by Dennis Nicholls, and either Amazon doesn't carry it, or it's out of print (it came out in 2003, so hopefully it's still available through other sources). It's definitely worth searching out, as it has an entire section on what the author calls the "Scotchman Peaks." The Cabinets are a wonderful area, one I plan on exploring myself someday. And...the links you provided on the page are exceptional--good job!
Posted Oct 20, 2004 5:04 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Gorgeous panorama there!

Posted Oct 20, 2004 5:04 pm

cmc56789Untitled Comment

cmc56789

A nice and full of information page! I like the goat story.
Posted Oct 20, 2004 7:32 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you for your vote and I'm glad you got a chuckle out of the "goat" story. Best regards.
Posted Oct 20, 2004 11:32 pm

Brian JenkinsUntitled Comment

Brian Jenkins

Nice page. I get over to Spokane every so often to visit one of my best friends and hope to nab this one sometime soon.
Posted Oct 20, 2004 10:51 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Yeah Brian, this is a cool area. Hey, while you're in Spokane, check out some of the peaks in the NE corner of the state. Abercrombie, Gypsy Peak. Thanks for your vote and comment. When you do Scotchman, take plenty of pics. Lots of room on this page for pics right now. : )
Posted Oct 20, 2004 11:35 pm

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

Very nice page Dean.
Posted Oct 21, 2004 12:50 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Martin for your vote and comment. I think you may have had a typo in your summit log entry. 12.5 hours instead of what you probably snowshoed the peak in, 2.5 hours. Any pics? It'd be cool to see that peak with some snow on it.
Posted Oct 21, 2004 8:53 am

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

No, unfortunately. I believe I forgot to charge the batteries in my camera or something dumb. That is why I never put up the page.

I remember it being very slow going 2 years ago, and it took me most of the day to get up and down. 2.5 hours in the winter would be Herculean.

Maybe I'll go up this winter to get some cool snow pics.

Cheers,

Martin
Posted Oct 22, 2004 5:10 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Another great page Dean... looks like a sweet place.

Posted Oct 21, 2004 7:53 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you Tim, your comments and vote are appreciated.
Posted Nov 20, 2004 11:48 am

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Beautiful looking area. I have yet to visit any of Idaho's mountains, so I can't help with your request!
Posted Nov 20, 2004 10:16 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you Nelson, maybe someday you'll get to Idaho and get me some pics : )) Your vote and comments are appreciated.
Posted Nov 20, 2004 11:49 am