Viewing: 21-30 of 30 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

IdahoKidUntitled Comment

IdahoKid

A very well constructed page with a nice route description. Its amazing for me to see the drastic change from high desert in southern Idaho to almost a rain forest in the north, cant wait to get up there.
Posted Dec 7, 2004 11:33 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you for your vote and comments. You are right about the diversity of what is to be found in the great state of Idaho. I had a chance to make four trips over to your state this year and always enjoyed and marveled at the beauty I found everywhere, whether it was in southern or northern Idaho. Next summer I'll be back for more.
Posted Dec 7, 2004 11:48 pm

IdahoKidUntitled Comment

IdahoKid

Most people under-estimate Idaho's back country and wilderness due to its remoteness but it sure is nice here around SV... I yet to make it to Washington, everytime I fly over the cascades to Seattle I marvel at their beauty but am digusted with the logging going on, is that continuing?
Posted Dec 8, 2004 2:49 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Logging? I'm sure it is and yet it is part of the NW culture and economy. Lots of the land is owned by Weyerhauser and Boise Cascade, and they kind of "farm" their land. We've fought against the logging of new areas and so they've been slowed down or stopped in many area.

Lots of great areas in the Cascades to visit, the Enchantments being one of those special places. Check out my Enchantment pages on Little Annapurna, Cannon Mtn and Mc Clellan Peak and Fred's page on Colchuck Peak and Bob Boltons page on Dragontail. An amazing area. Keep up the good work on all the pages you've been putting up around Sun Valley. Hyndman and Leatherman, Borah and Diamond are on this coming years hit list.
Posted Dec 8, 2004 3:19 pm

Bill_WUntitled Comment

Bill_W

I love the embedded pic. You should have that as a posted pic but I give you 4 stars anyway.
Posted Dec 24, 2004 9:10 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Bill, I appreciate the vote.
Posted Feb 22, 2005 11:13 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you Bill. I appreciate your votes.
Posted Feb 22, 2005 11:14 am

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

Nice page!

I had a laugh about the resident goat and the blouse :-)
Posted Aug 23, 2005 12:09 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Corax for the vote. I'm glad you liked the goat story too since I laughed a lot when I was told that story. I could just kind of picture it......... ; )
Posted Aug 23, 2005 12:50 pm