See the Helicopter?

See the Helicopter?

Interesting fact about hiking and climbing in the Swiss Alps, tourism in the sky. There were half a dozen helicopter flights over the summit of the Matterhorn during our day at it's foot. Kind of annoying. We have the same thing in the Grand Canyon and it is annoying there as well. Anyone disagree? 9/16/08.
tleaf
on Oct 2, 2008 7:38 pm
Image ID: 448903

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Gabriele Roth

Gabriele Roth - Oct 3, 2008 12:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I agree...

but sometimes these flights are a good way to control if anybody has any problem ...
I remember that when I was climbing the Chapeau au Cornes to Requin there was a small plane wandering above us; when the weather turned to horrible we started to come down and when we arrived to the Requin (Refuge) the keeper had a phone call to Chamonix to say that all rope teams were safe back ...

tleaf

tleaf - Oct 4, 2008 10:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I agree...

I agree with you both. Fortunately, I have not been in the position of needing assistance or fearing for my life but I can appreciate your story, Gabriele. After the September 11th attack on the US by Al Quaida (not Iraq), my husband and I went to the mountains and found peace. All flights were cancelled, all air travel was shut down, and in the mountains were beautiful clear skies and silence. Aaaahhh.....

Viewing: 1-2 of 2