Seneca Rocks Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 31 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Real good start on this rock. I had thought about adding it but never got around to it. I posted a few photos in your overview section.
Posted Jul 5, 2003 4:06 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thanx for the pix. I'll try to find some that show the gendarme
Posted Jul 6, 2003 9:41 pm

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Hey. I've been away from the site for a bit. I noticed that you used my picture from my last climb on your page. It looks really nice there. Do you have any idea why that particular photo has so many hits ? Just wondering ?
Posted Sep 18, 2004 10:55 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

I don't know but if it ain't broke let's not fix it. Thanks for the packet of six great views from the Humphrey's Head area. I did look at the pages of Jon Bradford, Kane and ATTM and noticed that they were using big pictures up front but that theirs, unlike mine, were hot.

You can snap on them and be returned to that photo's place in the album-this enables the viewer to see the caption and any further remarks on the photo. Despite the greater sophistication of these presentations, their front page photos did not seem to be getting as much traction as your HH here at Seneca-we may be getting some outsiders perusing the site.
Posted Sep 18, 2004 11:34 am

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

I was back to Seneca this past weekend. I posted a few more photos on your page.
Posted Sep 28, 2004 8:25 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thanks for the good east face pix showing the Soler and Conns' East Flakes and climbing acitivity combined with autumn tones.
Posted Oct 1, 2004 10:10 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Looks like a great place to check out in WV!

Haven't had the pleasure yet - only driving thru. a small piece of the state on I81.

Great page!

Radek
Posted Jul 17, 2003 2:28 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Glad you enjoyed your visit-I think that I liked the Steens book because it gives a sense of island in the sky-much as the tableland of Katahdin does.
Posted Jul 17, 2003 5:08 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Good to find out about an area I knew nothing about. This is what makes summit post such a valuable asset. Nice job.
Posted Jul 22, 2003 12:35 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thanks for visiting As the Country Roads song says.. Almost heaven west Virginia

Blue Ridge Mountains Shenandoah river

Life is old there older than the trees...John Denver

Years ago I saw a picture of Little Annapurna. Wondered what that was about. Looks like fun and probably wouldn't squash you the way its relative has

Good page with lots of great photos.
Posted Jul 22, 2003 7:09 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thank you for your endorsement. I recall that it was pretty intimidating coming here after practicing in Ohio cornfields.
Posted Jul 27, 2003 4:48 pm

bigwallyUntitled Comment

bigwally

Excellent !!!!.....This is the place where I learned to lead...back in the 60's. Thank you for doing such a fine job with all of this material !!!! .......check out the Devils Tower page, if You might
Posted Aug 25, 2003 9:02 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

I have checked out your excellent page on the Devil's Tower. I learned to FOLLOW here. On the first pitch of a multipitch on the north peak east face I neglected to unclip a piece and was disgraced into down climbing to unclip.
Posted Aug 25, 2003 10:34 am

marygilbertUntitled Comment

marygilbert

You have really done a great job !!!! There is alot of information and You have gotten it both quite orderly and attractive!!! You are doing Wonderful work. Please do keep it up. Seneca is really a favorite place for me as I did my very first lead climbs there this spring/summer. It will always have a very special place in my Heart. Thank You for doing such a Wonderful Job!!!!!!
Posted Aug 28, 2003 3:53 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thank you for your kind words. It is a striking place and I got off the ground there first as well as did my first leads there. Hope to add more pictures.
Posted Aug 29, 2003 11:55 am

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Nice page on an area with arguably the best rock climbing in the east, south of New York.
Posted Sep 1, 2003 10:31 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

It seems that a lot of folks like this area. It was the first place where I got "off the ground". I hope that we can get some more pix. You are right about its merits, but I suppose one could receive an argument from fans of the New, the Red or Looking Glass. I appreciate your vote.

Mark
Posted Sep 2, 2003 5:49 pm

kletterwebbiUntitled Comment

kletterwebbi

Looks like the french area "Dentelles des Montmirail" ... good page !
Posted Feb 24, 2004 12:47 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Thanks for your vote. Have a good trip over here this spring!
Posted Feb 24, 2004 7:02 pm