hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Still not working. Still over 5,000 miles from White Mountain Peak. Try it a couple more times, and check the distances link to see if it worked. You still have °E for the longitude on the front page. That shouldn't be there. It should be °W. It can be a pain in the butt, I guess, but better that the info be correct.
Posted Feb 9, 2006 2:08 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Nice page.

The peak could also be done in spring or winter, but expect a long hike 8000+ feet up from the desert floor below or a relentless slog along the unplowed (and long) dirt road. Why bother?

"Cause its good excersize and challenging?

Are you still doing the Grand Teton this summer?

Posted Feb 9, 2006 2:51 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

I remember looking at this peak. Nice page.
Posted Feb 9, 2006 5:05 pm

mrhUntitled Comment

mrh

i love the desert
Posted Feb 9, 2006 8:39 pm

Dave DinnellUntitled Comment

Dave Dinnell

nicely done. Its good to see more peaks of the Inyo Range/White Mountain added!
Posted Feb 9, 2006 10:44 pm

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Good page!!

-2skinners-
Posted Feb 10, 2006 3:25 am

Matthew Hollimannot much

Matthew Holliman

hey--
I just saw this while poking around SP. (your response doesn't turn up on my profile for some reason... I guess it got lost in the transition). I had some kind of flu a few weeks ago that laid me up for a while... before that hit, I spent a couple of weekends ice climbing in LVC, and got out to Tahoe one day for Jeff Davis (awesome!) and a couple of other peaks. so yeah, not a lot of peaks lately.

Right now, I'm just itching to get back to the High Sierra. Spring can't come quickly enough for me.
Posted Feb 13, 2006 6:40 pm

phydeuxNice page

phydeux

Nice basic page, but so is Sheep Mountain. The "hill" east of Sheep Mountain and west of the road is known as Limestone Peak. Its just under 12,000 ft. This is a great dayhike when combined with Piute Mtn and Limestone Peak. About a 4-5 hr 'lazy' round trip hike.
Posted Sep 30, 2007 1:44 pm

cp0915Re: Nice page

cp0915

Limestone Peak, eh? Any idea of the origin of this name? I've never heard it referred to as such.
Posted Oct 1, 2007 10:09 am

phydeuxRe: Nice page

phydeux

Geez, I gotta look at my e-mail more often!

"Limestone Peak" was the name on the register box in the cairn on the summit. It was placed there by the Sierra Club's Desert Peaks Section, so they might be able to help ID the proper name. While the old USGS map I was using had no name for it whatsoever, the peak does have an unusual amount of limestone on its flanks compared to nearby Sheep Mtn and Piute Mtn.

Cheers
Posted Jan 21, 2008 4:47 pm

cp0915Re: Nice page

cp0915

Haaa, thanks for the response (finally!). Good stuff.
Posted Jan 21, 2008 7:57 pm