Shemshak ski area

Shemshak ski area

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.00450°N / 51.50388°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Sport Climbing, Ice Climbing, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 10007 ft / 3050 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Shemshak ski resort is one of the 7 ski resorts around Tehran. This is the most challenging resort in the region with more than 60% of black diamond area. There are some nice areas for off-piste skiing, and some very challenging areas in the nearby mountains for extreme skiers. The base elevation is 2550m and the top elevation is 3050m. There are 2 chairlifts and 3 drag lifts in this resort.

Shemshak ski resort

Shemshak ski resort

Competitions


Next year they are going to start installing a 4 sitter chairlift going from Shemshak to the top of Mt. Abak. Also 2 more drag lifts will be installed on the Abak mountain. Therefore, the Shemshak ski area will be expanded significantly. When you are on top of Shemshak the view is spectacular. The major mountains you can see from the top are Tochal, Seechal, Koloonbastak, Srakchal and Abak.


Mt. Tochal



On the way to Shemshak you can also visit Hamaloon icefall which is a good place to learn ice climbing. There is an ice climbing school there for those who are interested.

Hamaloon icefall

Getting There

Shemshak ski area is only 50Km (32 miles) from Tehran. From north-eastern Tehran take the road going to Lashgarak. From there take the road going to Fasham. From Fasham square take the road to the left. After about 15km you will be in Shemshak.

Red Tape

Add Red Tape text here.

Camping

Add Camping text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.