Ships Prow and Chasm Lake, Dawn

Ships Prow and Chasm Lake, Dawn

Rocky Mountain National Park, CO-- August 2003 Full Disclosure-- Although I am normally strongly against doing so, I adjusted the brightness and saturation to produce this image. This is a scan of a negative. The original print was pretty good, but a recent reprint by a different developer was far inferior to the original. Rather than go through the hassle of getting the developer to do a better job, I chose to use my computer in an effort to make this image match the original print as closely as possible. This is not, therefore, how I wish the scene had looked or how I'd like you to think it looked but rather my best effort to match what I originally got with my camera. I could have made the picture look far more dramatic if I'd wanted to.
Bob Sihler
on Jun 19, 2008 3:48 pm
Image Type(s): Hiking,  Scenery
Image ID: 413754

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Jun 19, 2008 8:38 pm - Voted 10/10

A different looking.......

shot of the Ship's Prow for sure. August '03 is kind of ironic. Looks like you climbed 3 days before I did!!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jun 19, 2008 9:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A different looking.......

It was August 21 in '03 to be exact. I spent the night at Boulderfield and summitted Longs that afternoon during a break in the weather. It was a good choice, considering that there were almost 300 people on the mountain the next morning. Definitely not my kind of summit experience! But I had it all to myself late in the day like that.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2