Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 31.39300°N / 110.292°W
Additional Information County: Cochise
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 9466 ft / 2885 m
Sign the Climber's Log

.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Jeff12633

Jeff12633 - Jan 23, 2005 1:59 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

When I hiked Miller Peak, the road to the trailhead was being patrolled multiple times per day by the border patrol. Apparently the mountain is a favorite hide-out for illegal immigrants sneaking across the Mexican border, just 5 miles away. I was told to keep my group together and for our own safety make plenty of noise as we hiked. Along the summit ridge there was plenty of evidence of constant activity, and the otherwise beautiful trail was strewn with discarded food containers and torn up clothing. Unless the mountains are cleaned up of this sort of presence, Miller Peak is probably not the sort of trail one would want to hike alone or during non-daylight hours.

DRCWMILLER

DRCWMILLER - Sep 21, 2013 7:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Miller Peak

Yes, the last report is accurate. Tons of trash. My small group made the top & started back when we witnessed several illegals coming up. They disappeared immediately. We got down & were met by border patrol who volunteered that they had just apprehended some 42; those we saw were probably part of that group. We knew the risk, so, it being Arizona, we were openly packing revolvers. Still, I wanted to climb it since my family name is Miller!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.