Corral de Mulas-Formigal

Corral de Mulas-Formigal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.77610°N / 0.4593°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble-hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F/PD
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start point: parking of Corral de Mulas in the ski station of Formigal. In Sallent de Gallego take direction to Formigal bordering the dam of Lanuza. From the urbanization of Formigal go to the tracks of ski near the called Anayet in direction to Portalet (point of entry if you arrive from France).

Route Description



This route follow the marks of GR-11 (painting red and white) to the ibons (lakes) and Mallata de Anayet.

Time to climb: 2h45min (total 4h). Slope: 910m.

From the parking of Corral de Mulas (1635m) goes out a road of 3 km up to buildings of the tracks of ski that is in the habit of being closed in summer by a barrier though it can be crossed with the car in some occasions and avoid this small trek.
In the parking of Anayet's tracks (1750m) the path is initiated by the Barranco de Culibillas (ravine of Culibillas). It is an a bit long walk which they are grateful for it seen on them Sarroyetas to our left side and the zone of Panticosa (Picos del Infierno, Argualas) and Balaitous to our back.
After crossing the Paso de Culibillas we will see finally first the vertex and later Anayet's peak. Immediately we come to the ibones (lakes) of Anayet that for thenselves they deserve a visit where we prune to rest a bit and to enjoy of it seen on Anayet's peak and the Midi d'Ossau.
We will go now to the point that joins both peaks, good put up signs with cairns of stones, it's called Collado Rojo (Red Hillock) after a pronounced slope.
The order in which the peaks are promoted from here is indifferent though it is advisable to climb first to the Peak and then to the Vertex for being firstly the longest.


-Peak of Anayet (right side): go to the base of peak to the Paso de la sirga, a step-crossing of degree II equiped with a metallic rope where we will have to have little care, specially in the descent. After this, only a chimney of degree I it separates from the summit.

-Vertex of Anayet (left side): a nice wide ridge in which it is growing little by little the slope leads us to the highest top where is the geodesic vertex that indicates the highest point of the zone what rewards us with the magnificent view.

Essential Gear


In winter: crampons, ice axe and rope.
In summer: boots, walking poles. Generally It is not necessary the rope if the Paso de la Sirga is in good condition but it is suitable to take her just in case since though it is not difficult the fall is pronunced.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

AnayetRoutes