Dr. Karl Jirsch Weg

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.07360°N / 12.58880°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Dr. Karl Jirsh Weg is route to the Sudetendeutsche Hut from Tauerntal from NW and is long approach to the hut. It leads after the nice meadows and slopes. All the time you have a nice view to the Muntanitz and other mountains. Grossvenediger and its east slopes are seen very nice from that route.

Dr. Karl Jirsh Weg starts from the Felbertauernstrasse road at "Landecksäge" (ca. 1400 m) in valley Taurental. Here you come from Matrei. You park a car on parking place and then you start walking by macadam road after the ramp.

Route Description


First you walk by macadam road to the Ob. Täxer Alm on the altitude 1662m. Then you follow signposts to the Kessler Alm and Sudetendeutsche Hut. You cross west slopes of Muntanitz (also see Muntanitz glacier) and soon come on Kessler Alm, 1923m. Here comes from valley a cargo cable car. You cross the brook and start walking on the NW slopes of Nussing, 2991m. You walk over the very nice nature which is full of flowers, butterflies, wild animals and other beauties of nature. Also you see a lot of sheep and goats.

Before you come to the Sudetendeutsche Hut you must cross a pass on the altitude 2739m. On this pass you are on ridge which leads to the summit of Muntanitz. In way to the SW is Nussing, 2991m.

You descend around 100 meters and cross small slopes and come to the Sudetendeutsche Hut, 2650m.

Essential Gear


Good climbing boots and other stuff for hiking.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

MuntanitzRoutes