From Bavscica valley, north ridge

From Bavscica valley, north ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.37000°N / 13.67000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Climbing UIAA III/II
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up and climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The starting-point is in secondary valley of Trenta called Bavsica. You drive with car to the hut Mladinski center where you park. Here you can also sleep. The altitude is 701 metres.

Route Description


From the parking place you follow the signposts for Briceljk and for Jalovec. You walk in the forest and on the meadows of the valley Bala. You just enjoy in nature but you must be careful that when you come on the first crossing. The left route goes on Briceljk but you follow the route that goes in north direction on the pass Prevala (1560m) where is the second crossing. From the right comes the marked route from the Vrh Osojnika (1975m).

You continue hiking in the north direction and you cross some basins (Za Luzo and Lanzevica) and you reach over the steep slopes the pass Cez Brezice (1980m).

From the north side comes the marked route from Koritnica valley.. But you continue in the east direction to the notch Skrbina za Gradom. You must be careful on secured parts.

On the notch you leave the marked route and start ascending in the south direction to the north ridge of Pelc nad Klonicami. Now we start climbing on the ridge but first we climb in some small ravines then higher we come on the ridge. Climbing is around UIAA III but mostly around UIAA II. Some parts are airy and if you have some good feeling for orientation you cannot have big problems. Just before the summit you will reach the small notch and then over the airy upper part you will come on the summit.

You descend by the same route. On some parts maybe it`s good descend with help of the rope.

Only for good climbers. This route is very long and you must have good weather!


Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes, helmet, rope and other climbing equipment.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.