South slopes from the valley Korošica

South slopes from the valley Korošica

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.30905°N / 14.55688°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up and secured climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Skiing in the valley on SW...Winter idyll
[img:743599:alignright:small:Overview][img:94075:alignright:small:Winter idyll]
Korošica is the first right bank affluent to the Kamniška Bistrica. It comes down from the east part the Krvavec group.

Upon reaching the upper end of the Korošica valley, one may head left (SW) to Krvavec and its ski resort,
or right (NE) to summits such as: Vrh Korena, Kompotela and Košutna, offering idyllic tour-skiing in the winter, and quite undemanding hiking in the summer.

This page presents an unmarked ascent of Košutna,
splitting off the marked path at the Planina Koren pasture (1675 m).
> Uneasy orientation, as well in the lower (marked) part of the route.

Getting There

At km 5 of the road entering the Kamniška Bistrica valley (516 m, parking lot of the Velika Planina cableway, regular bus line from Kamnik), split W along a macadamized road, first descending, next crossing a bridge over the Bistrica stream. After the bridge, continue westward along the macadamized road entering the Korošica valley, ignoring the right-hand, the left-hand, and a further right-hand split in a left U turn. Park at Markova raven (979 m on maps), before the road crosses left to the opposite bank.

Route Description

Follow the marked and secured path (red and white blazes) continuing up the valley.
> Whenever splits come up, always choose the marked option to the right.
Pass a few clearings/pastures (Spodnja and Zgornja Frata, hutlet) and, heading now NE, reach the Planina Koren pasture (1675 m, hut leftover).
Here you leave the marked route and you follow the hunting route over the scree slope in the east direction to the foothills of the low west face of Košutna. Over the secured passage you ascend on the meadow Planina Košutna that is located on the south slopes below the summit of Košutna. Then you reach the summit over the grassy slopes between the dwarf pine.
In snowless season the quickest is to descend by the same route but in Winter it is better you descend over the north slopes especially to enjoy beautiful skiing.

Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes, in Winter total equipment for tour skiing.
Map

External Links

Grintovci 1:25000 map
Kamnik-Savinja Alps hiking guide in Slovenian
Tips for Safe Trips to the Mountains



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

KosutnaRoutes