From the valley Kokra

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.31297°N / 14.55139°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking (Tour skiing)
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up (tour skiing)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The starting point is the signpost in the valley Kokra in the nearness of the village Podlebelca. The starting point in Kokra valley is Roblek farm.

Route Description


View from the ridge of Jez down on the meadow Dolga njiva (1688m).

In snowless season you can drive some meters over the road but in Winter time you have to park by the main road. You walk in the nice forest and the marked route becomes steeper and steeper. The forest ends on the altitude around 1300 meters and over the steep screes you reach the long plateau where is the meadow Planina Dolga njiva (1688m). This is very nice place with the north face of the airy ridge Jez and the summit of Zvoh on the south and the long south slopes of Kalski Greben (2224m) on the north. On the east side you can see the summit of Vrh Korena (1999m). You have to reach this summit and then descend some meters and then you reach the summit of Kompotela over the last final grassy slope.

Before you reach Dolga njiva alpine meadow you need to ascend over a steep rocky step, where the passage (narrow ledge) is secured with a steel rope. This is important, because in times of tour skiing this passage can be tricky. I remember it as one of rare passages, where I was skiing by a 1m wide rocky ledge, holding for a cable. by: Vid Pogachnik

From the meadow Dolga njiva you follow the marked route on the pass Skrbina (1870m). From here you follow the marked route that goes on Vrh Korena from the north side.

You descend by the same route.


Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes, in Winter total equipment for tour skiing.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.