Petit Montoir

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.92350°N / 6.18940°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


The Petit Montoir route is longer than the Grand Montoir route but is easier.

The walk follows at the most the foot of the cliffs and the atmosphere is emotional.


Approach


From Annecy, take the N 203 and turn right to Villaz. Follow the D 5 during 1 km on the left in N direction. Turn right and take the forest trail of Parmelan (signs) till the end. Park.

Route Description


Follow the path on the right through the forest. In 20 minutes, you arrive to Chalet Chappuis. Nice view on the Annecy town and lake and on the Lanfon teeth.

Climb steep to the Parmelan cliffs and follow the foot of them on the left.
At the fork, continue along the cliffs and leave the Grand Montoir on the right.

The path conturns the Parmelan and climbs through the lapiaz of the plateau (late snow-fields).
Higher the path joins the Grand Montoir route and the Hut and summit of Parmelan are reached quickly.


Essential Gear


no gear is necessary


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ParmelanRoutes