North Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 48.27680°N / 120.7651°W
Additional Information Route Type: scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 4th class
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Begin at the lakes just north of Devore Peak, and walk through nice Tamarack meadows to the White Goat/Devore Pass.

Route Description


From saddle NW of the lakes adjacent to Devore Peak, head on ridge SSW until roughly 7,500' where it's best to drop off the ridgetop to the West and traverse through steep and uninviting Cliff BAnds
on a 3rd class goat route. It's also possible to just traverse/descend on grassy slopes from the Devore/White Goat notch to the small basin, stream, and ridge NW of Devore. From this basin, gain Devore's flanks by climbing up to 7,800' on the easy ridge which trends SE then E. Continue open easy traversing over vegetated talus, working your way up to the ridge top when shallow gulleys are encountered. From the ridgetop, climb south to Devore's highpoint by staying within 50' of the ridgeline, down to the west side, below any steep gendarmes. A couple isolated moves of fourth class are used to ascend the to the highest bump, Devore's summit. When in doubt just climb up and see how your position compares to the top, it's all just scramble country.

Essential Gear


A rope and a couple runners for the faint of heart. Most folks will be fine with good boots and an expectation of loose rubble.

If early in year, Crampons and an Axe.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.