West approach

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.46000°N / 13.40000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The starting point is the pass Sella di Sompdogna (Sedlo Rudni vrh) (1389m) which is approachable from over the road from the valley Dogna (Dunja). We can also reach the pass from the end of the road in the valley Saisera (Zajzera).

Route Description


From the pass Sella di Sompdogna we descend a bit too the valley Dogna and then we turn to the route number 648 in the forest. We walk in the steep forest and cross the steep ravine. On the altitude 1749m we turn right on the route number 649 and then we reach the summit over the steep grassy slope and later over the west ridge.

We descend by the sam route or we take the harder route over the east ridge.


Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes, be careful on steep grassy slopes!

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.